92 Multiple choice questions
- command-line application that comes with Microsoft SQL
- database performance, as well as to create and modify databases, tables, and indexes.
- changes the database context to AdventureWorks
- databases most commonly used in plain-text formats.
- Object Explorer, which allows users to browse, select, and manage any of the objects within the server.
- Programs that enables you to enter, organize, and select data in a database.
- In this database, each "parent" table can have multiple "children," but each child can have only one parent.
- manipulate data in any SQL Server tables.
- USE, CREATE, ALTER, DROP, TRUNCATE, DELETE
- Executes the previous set of commands.
- provides a GUI-based interface to write and execute queries.
- they are two-dimensional tables consisting of rows and columns.
- This statement allows you to create a variety of SQL Server database objects, including tables, views, and stored procedures.
that data is entered into a cell. In other words, the cell cannot be
blank. It also means that you cannot insert a new record or update a
record without adding a value to this field.
- Changes an existing object.
(...statement changes an existing object; you can use it to add or remove columns from a table)
- When a self-reference is used to query a table
- They need to be created and updated, which requires processing resources and takes up disk space.
- Performs insert, update, or delete operations on a target table based on the results of a join with a source table.
- allows the administrator to limit the types of data a user can insert into the database.
- tree structure
- optimize performance.
used to insert a default value into a column. If no other value is
specified, the default value will be added to all new records.
- inquiry into the database that returns information back from the database.
- primary means of programming and managing SQL Server.
- used to ask for information from a database.
- Individual ID cannot be NULL.
- Database becomes too large and you run out of room on your first hard disk.
- management of databases or to create the database schema during database deployment.
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- two or more columns and contains null values.
- Database management system.
- Flat-type, Hierarchical and relacional databases.
- to delete an employee with the identification number 200 from the User table
- on the whole, they either succeed or fail.
- ...DELETE, which deletes data from within a table.
- columns and rows
- SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, MERGE
- • They are designed to store billions of rows of data.
• They are limited to the computer's available hard disk space.
• They are optimized to use all a computer's available memory to improve performance.
- points to a primary key in another table.
- To select a database named TESTDB
- Changes existing data in one or more columns in a table or view.
- Used to add a Price column to the Shirt table.
- USE [AdventureWorks]
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Planets](
[IndvidualID] [int] NOT NULL,
[PlanetName] [varchar](50) NULL,
[PlanetType] [varchar](50) NULL,
[Radius] [varchar](50) NULL,
[TimeCreated] [datetime] NULL
) ON [PRIMARY]
identifies each record in a database table. The primary key must
contain unique values and it cannot contain NULL values. Each table
should have a primary key, and each table can have only one primary key.
- "one-stop" tool.
- Adds one or more new rows to a table or a view in SQL Server.
- fail and an error will be raised.
optimized to serve only the purposes of the database itself, usually
using advanced hardware that can handle the high processing needs of the
- Fields, records, and files
- Remember, ALTER changes the object definition, but UPDATE changes the data in the table.
- managing the server and its databases using a graphical interface.
- ...allows SQL queries to be written and executed from the command prompt.
- create the Planets table.
- Windows desktop operating system so that you can remotely connect to and manage a SQL server.
- Remove rows from a table (or view) but does not free the space used by those rows removed.
part/subset of the Transact-SQL portion of SQL Server and can be used
to create database objects such as tables, views, constraints, and
- It is possible for a foreign key constraint to reference columns in the same table
- SQL Server Management Studio
- query and functional programming language that is designed to query collections of XML data.
- Data Definition Language
- sys.Tables, sys.Columns, sys.Databases, sys.Constraints, sys.Views, sys.Procedures, sys.Indexes, sys.Triggers, sys.Objects
- Data Manipulation Language
- multiple parents.
- Retrieves rows from the database and enables the selection of one or many rows or columns from one or many tables in SQL Server.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 > SQL Server
- to delete all rows from a table named User
- One specific attribute or type of information you want to store in the database.
contains a row for every object in the database with key column names
of name, object_id, type_desc, type, create_date, and modify_date.
- ALTER VIEW Size AS
SELECT ProductID, ProductName, Price FROM Shirt
WHERE ProductType = 'Size';
- ... or rules placed on a field or column to ensure that data that is considered invalid is not entered.
- contain null values.
- Transact-SQL commands.
- XQuery, SQLCMD, Transact-SQL
- a data type.
user-defined objects, such as tables and views, as well as system
tables that SQL Server requires for keeping track of the database
- Removes an object from the database.
- Storage and programmability.
- Primary data files, secondary data files, transaction log files.
- A data structure that improves the speed of data retrieval operations on a database table.
- Changes the database context.
(changes the database context to the specified database or database snapshot)
- view, stored procedure, trigger, or function.
- allows the database administrator to specifically identify which column should not contain duplicate values.
- one record or one instance of each column.
- An organized collection of data, typically stored in electronic format.
- If you then wanted to set the prices
- Removes/delete rows from a table and frees the space used by those rows.
- .sql files