268 Matching questions
- SET SHOWPLAN ON
- Model database
- Locks, deadlocks
- Tuning template
- BCP Utility
- One, group
- ALTER INDEX, DISABLE
- Table scan
- Path XML index
- CREATE PARTITION FUNCTION
- Errors and Warnings event category
- BULK INSERT
- Display Estimated, SHOWPLAN_XML
- reduce, rebuilding
- Indexed, infrequently
- SHOWPLAN permission
- Import/Export Wizard
- Default, 1023
- CREATE INDEX
- Bulk update locks
- offline, shared lock, exclusive table
- Local temporary tables
- SQL Server's Filegroups
- SQL Server:Locks
- Contained Database
- Cannot, uncompressed, media set
- Logs, another disk
- Horizontal Partitioning
- Recovery models
- Granularity and Isolation-Level
- Resource database
- Global temporary tables
- Exclusive lock
- 1000 partitions
- Character format, third party program
- Secondary data file, log file
- Only base, same database
- Maintenance Plan Tasks
- 999 nonclustered
- Media set
- Vertical Partitioning
- Media family
- Catalog views
- Database Engine Tuning Advisor
- stored procedure, DROP TABLE
- CREATE XML INDEX
- Granularity hints
- Events Selection
- SQL Server lock levels
- Separate, indexes
- 16 TB
- Performance event category
- Sessions event category
- SQL Server Profiler
- Update locks
- SET SHOWPLAN_TEXT
- Locks event category
- Nonaligned index
- Database Engine Tuning Adivisor DTA
- SET SHOWPLAN_ALL
- sysadmin fixed, db_owner
- TSQL event category
- Filtered Index
- Standard template
- Resource database, tempdb
- Third normal form (3NF)
- Scans event category
- Normal Data Cardinality
- May not, BACKUP
- FILENAME SIZE MAXSIZE
- Create a new filegroup
Mark as Default
Create new data file (.ndf)
- ALTER DATABASE statement options
- sysadmin, db_ddladmin, db_owner
- Lock Timeouts/sec
- Primary keys
- Primary, automatically
- aggregations, write
- Contained database users, Windows users
- Trace flag 1222
- Estimated execution, include actual
- full, model database
- tempdb database
- Backup set
- Latch Waits/sec
- Cannot, earlier
- 30%, ALTER INDEX REBUILD
- Differential backup
- SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL
- Data, Transaction log
- Lock manager
- Intent locks
- Resource Waits
- DBCC DBREINDEX
- Conceptual Database Design
- Standard view, permanently
- Primary file group
- Primary key, automatically
- Stored Procedures event category
- Stored procedure, optimized
- ALTER INDEX, REBUILD
- ALTER DATABASE, SET SINGLE_USER
- Recent Expensive Queries
- Single User Mode
- File, single filegroup
- Complete database restore
- Second normal form (2NF)
- Frequently, unique clustered
- Multiple-column index
- Shared locks
- MSDB database
- First index, unique
- Database event category
- Maintenance Plan
- Host one file per disk.
- Pad Index
- Number of Deadlocks/sec
- 3 times, free
- Bulk-logged model
- Simple model
- Query Execution Plan
- Lock Timeouts
- Deadlock graph
- SET STATISTICS PROFILE
- MSDB, updated
- Physical Design
- First normal form (1NF)
- Row level, reject
- 30%, ALTER INDEX REORGANIZE
- Disable, clustered
- XML, should, CREATE PRIMARY XML INDEX
- Fourth normal form (4NF)
- Session Monitor
- Schema stability locks
- 2012, partially
- ANSI_NULLS, QUOTED IDENTIFIER
- Do not, schema, format
- Event Classes
- Fill Factor
- NOT NULL
- Differential, modified
- SET OFFLINE, SET ONLINE
- Security Audit event category
- Data File I/O
- SET STATISTICS XML
- CREATE PARTITION SCHEME
- TSQL_Replay template
- Fill factor, index creation
- Char, default
- View, indexed view
- Full, differential
- READ COMMITTED
- Property XML index
- Trace, template
- UNIQUE argument
- User database
- Page split
- Active User Tasks
- Total Latch Wait Time (ms)
- Include Actual, SET STATISTICS
- Always, nonclustered indexes
- Logical Database Design
- CLUSTERED index
- Unique Index
- System, never
- Transaction log files
- Foreign key, self-referencing
- Lock Wait Time
- 116 characters
- Index scan
- 2 TB
- Average Latch Wait Time (MS)
- Backup compression
- Tail-log backup
- Queryout, bcp utility
- Multiserver, master
- Profiler, deadlock events
- Read-only database
- Full model
- Schema modification locks
- Foreign keys
- ALTER DATABASE database_name MODIFY FILE
Stop the instance
Move the file
Restart the instance
- Trace flag 1204
- CREATE DATABASE, FOR ATTACH
- Cannot, stored procedures
- ERD stands for
- Primary file, model database
- Exclusive, deadlock
- Partially Contained Database
- AUTO_UPDATE_STATISTICS_ASYNC, OFF
- ad hoc, views, stored procedures
- NONCLUSTERED index
- Workload analysis
- File or filegroup, database
- ALTER DATABASE, MODIFY FILE
- INCLUDE argument
- Backup media
- Activity monitor
- Average Wait Time
- SQL Server:Latches
- Master Database
Server side applications
Client side applications
- Low Data Cardinality
- Advanced, max space
- Data Cardinality
- Isolation-Level hints
- Table-level locking hints
- High Data Cardinality
- Tables and Indexes
- More, SELECT
- Large object, cannot
- Database Engine, expand one file
- Aligned index
- Text, image columns
- Limit, heavy
- Execution Plan statements
- Instance, master database
- DML Triggers, defaults
- Value XML index
- Key-range locks
- ER Modeling
- Padding, OFF
- SHOWPLAN SQL Server Profiler event classes
- Size, Object Explorer
- Data type, partitions, boundary
- a The default for index ____ is ____.
- b Used to have those rows locked by other processes skipped.
- c ____ and ____ files can be detached and attached to another instance. This makes a database easier to move.
- d ____ requires that all multi-valued dependencies be removed.
- e An index build on the same partition scheme as its corresponding table.
- f Values are very uncommon, uniqueness more likely
- g Recovery model that does not have log backups. Log space is reclaimed to keep requirements small. Can only recover to the end of a backup.
- h A value between 5% and ____ is when you should use ____ to reorganize the index
- i Uses an index to pinpoint a record. Faster than scan.
- j Used to use an exclusive lock on all the involved resources until the transaction is ended.
- k Means it will be a unique index. Cannot be created on columns with duplicate values.
- l Shows deadlock information by processes and then by resources.
- m Used to create a relational index on a specified table or view.
- n A mechanism that synchronizes access by users to the same data at the same time.
- o Collects information relevant for tuning SQL Server's performance.
- p Tab in Profiler to review the events to be monitored with your trace.
- q Since DBCC DBREINDEX is an ____ operation, when a nonclustered index is being rebuilt a ____ will be held on the table preventing modifications. When a clustered index is being rebuilt an ____ lock will be held, preventing table access entirely.
- r Back up Database
Check Database Integrity
Execute SQL Server Agent Job
Execute T-SQL Statement
- s A constraint linked to a primary key in another table. Can also use columns that use UNIQUE.
- t If you ____ a ____ view it will be disabled, and the associated nonclustered indexes with get automatically deleted until index is dropped and rebuilt.
- u Maintained only in the current session and it's name should always be prefixed with a #. Dropped automatically at the end of the current session.
- v A ____ file group should be created for ____.
- w ____ means breaking a table into multiple smaller ones
- x ____ requires data redundancy by can reduce the number of joins to be use during query
- y Has event classes useful for auditing server activity.
- z Creates a secondary XML index.
- aa With the ____ option ____ does not make use of T-SQL at all.
- ab Use ____ with the ____ option to have an index rebuild using the same columns, index type, uniqueness attribute and sort order.
- ac Tells the total latch wait time for latch requests in the last second.
- ad Creates a partition scheme and maps the partitions to a set of filegroups.
- ae Design that requires the construction of a model of information that can be mapped into the various SQL Server objects.
- af System function used to detect index fragmentation.
- ag The arguments of the partition function must have the same ____, define the same number of ____ and use the same ____ values.
- ah The ratio of qualifying rows to total rows. When low the index is highly selected.
- ai Shows information about sessions that are opened in the Advisor.
- aj Queries that have few ____ or joins would not be suitable for indexed view, and ____ intensive transactions would not be appropriate.
- ak A non-clustered index optimized with a filter predicate to index only a portion of rows in a table.
- al Used to lock data at a row level
- am Use to not allow two rows in a table to have the same value for the columns.
- an ____ should be in separate file groups.
- ao ____ requires that you remove all subsets of data that apply to multiple rows of a table and relocate them in other separate tables, and create foreign keys
- ap PAGLOCK
- aq A database level permission that is required on all databases referenced in order to execute SHOWPLAN statements.
- ar The available types of recovery models.
- as You should have the master database backed up whenever a ____ is created, changed or dropped.
- at ____ are factors that can affect SQL Server performance.
- au HOLDLOCK
- av Partition the table by group rows based on a particular criteria
- aw Used to detach a database currently not in use from an instance.
- ax A value above ____ is when you should rebuild the index entirely using ____ WITH(ONLINE = ON)*.
- ay Used to evaluate filter expressions that are intended to match a prefix set of columns. Always put the most selective columns leftmost in the key.
- az The whole database is made offline for the duration and all data is recovered to a point where no uncommitted transactions exist.
- ba Set single user with T-SQL using ____ and then ____.
- bb You can adjust the file sizing by using ____ and then ____ T-SQL statements.
- bc Event class that populates the TextData data column of the trace with data on process and objects involved in the deadlock.
- bd A ____ can only be a member of a ____.
- be ____ should be backed up whenever it is ____.
- bf The result set produced by a ____ is not stored ____.
- bg Detaching a ____ will cause you to lose information about the differential bases of your differential backups.
- bh Displays information for those active user connections made to the server
- bi You can adjust the ____ of the database via ____.
- bj When using physical disk drives you should create multiple physical files per file group and ____ if possible.
- bk Used to select and create an optimal set of indexes, indexed views, and partitions.
- bl Used for preventing phantom reads.
- bm Has event classes produced when a SQL Server error or warning is raised.
- bn Backups created on a single non-mirrored device or a set of mirrored devices within a media set.
- bo To change the fill factor you should be a member of the ____ fixed server role, or the ____ and ____ fixed database roles.
- bp Applications seldom request locks directly as locks are managed by the ____.
- bq When you have ____ indexes, ____ queries will run faster, but INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE will run slower.
- br In the ____ options box you can define the ____ for recommendations or by the physical design structures.
- bs SET SHOWPLAN_XML ON
SET SHOWPLAN_ALL ON
SET SHOWPLAN_TEXT ON
SET STATISTICS XML ON
SET STATISTICS PROFILE ON
- bt Describes the percentage of logical fragmentation.
- bu ____ require that you eliminate duplicative columns from the same table and create separate tables for each group of related data, and identify a primary key
- bv When size is not supplied for the ____ or ____ the default will be 1 MB.
- bw Used to use update locks instead of shared locks when you read a table, and then hold the locks until the end of the transaction.
- bx Provides the wait state information
- by Used to lock the table.
- bz Rows
Pages (collection of rows)
Extents (collection of pages)
- ca Has event classes produced when data or log files grow or shrink.
- cb Allows concurrent transactions to SELECT a resource under pessimistic concurrency control. During an update a transaction will attempt to change to an exclusive lock.
- cc Used by the SQL Server Agent to schedule alerts and jobs.
- cd The views related to databases and files are ____.
- ce Designed for returning information used by the SQL Server Database Engine.
- cf Captures the data that has changed since the last full backup.
- cg The options that can be used with the CREATE DATABASE statement.
- ch Same as NOLOCK: Used to NOT issue any shared locks or recognize exclusive locks.
- ci The template for all databases created on the instance.
- cj Toll that can examine how queries are processed and then recommend how you may improve the query processing performance.
- ck The maximum size of a log file.
- cl To restore, the ____ must be running and the ____ must be accessible and partly or full usable.
- cm Tool to help with importing and exporting data.
- cn Used to have locks placed on all data used in a query
- co During upgrades the Database Engine will automatically disable an index, but to use T-SQL statements you would use ____ with the ____ option.
- cp Contained databases can be accessed by ____ with passwords authenticated by the database, and authorized ____ and Windows groups who connect directly to the database without logins in the master database.
- cq Secondary XML index useful for when the path to the value is known.
- cr Overrides SQL Server's locking scheme by forcing locks on a table.
- cs A table can have a maximum of ____ indexes.
- ct Used to read only data from those already-committed transactions.
- cu Statement used to make a full backup.
- cv Records events as they occur. Through a trace you can look at the commands that have been executed against the database.
- cw Broken down into categories, they provide different monitoring abilities in the traces.
- cx ____ is optimized for adhoc result aggregation and summarization of large amounts of data.
- cy ADD FILE
... TO FILEGROUP
- cz Backups created by recent version of SQL Server ____ be restored to an ____ version.
- da Create only ____ database backups of the ____ as required since it rarely changes.
- db Used when you are bulk copying data into a table while the TABLOCK hint is there.
- dc Maintained across all the active sessions and it's name should always be prefixed with ##. Dropped automatically when session that created the table is ended.
- dd Used to enforce uniqueness but they do not allow for NULL
- de To attach a database make sure all MDF and NDF files are available and use the ____ with the ____ close.
- df Reveals /O information for the database data and log files
- dg According to MS using constraints is perfered over ____, rules and ____.
- dh Used to allow SQL Server to execute the T-SQL statements while generating in-depth information on how the statements were executed.
- di A workspace for holding temporary objects and result sets.
- dj The ____ execution plan is the same as using the ____ XML.
- dk Tells the average latch wait time for latch requests that had to wait.
- dl Database mode that allows for only a single user to be connected. All other users will be cut off without warning when set.
- dm Has event classes produced by executing T-SQL statements in an instance.
- dn An index which is partitioned independently from it's corresponding table.
- do It's behavior depends on the value of READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT.
- dp If two or more transactions are trying to convert to ____ locks, a ____ will occur.
- dq If a view is ____ referenced, you should create a ____ index on the view so the result can be stored like a table.
- dr ____ databases can ____ be attached.
- ds SQL Server ____'s contained database feature only supports a ____ contained state.
- dt Tells the total wait time for locks in the last second.
- du Serves as the default group when database is created. Should only be used to keep system objects, and not as the default file group.
- dv Has event classes dealing with the scanning of tables and indexes
- dw You can use SQL Server ____ to identify the cause by tracing ____.
- dx Very limited values
- dy These determine how much data loss is considered acceptable after a failure and what types of related functions are allowed.
- dz Special backup that captures the log records that have not been backed up in other ways. Is needed to recover SQL Server to the latest point in time.
- ea To create a ____ maintenance plan there must be one ____ server with one or more target servers and it must be created and maintained on the master server.
- eb Used to create Integration Services package to be run by an SQL Server Agent job. Must be in the sysadmin role to create or manage.
- ec Has event classes used to monitor locking activity in an instance
- ed Exists when your indexes have pages in which the logical ordering does not match the physical ordering inside the physical file.
- ee You can ____ index fragmentation through ____ or reorganizing an index.
- ef You should ____ tuning time to stop during periods of ____ server workload.
- eg ____ view is good for views with data that is ____ updated (read intensive).
- eh An object that provides counters for monitoring internal SQL Server resource locks.
- ei A ____ that has a unique clustered index is an ____.
- ej Means the file can grown until the disk is full (or reaches it's maximum size)
- ek You should use ____ when bulk exporting data to a text file, or bulk importing data from a text file generated by a ____.
- el Constructing a data model for dealing with a real world issue without giving any physical considerations.
- em Put the queries in a _____ and SQL Server can usually come up with an ____ execution plan.
- en The deadlock XML file extension
- eo Used to configure the isolation level
- ep Has event classes produced when clients connect to and disconnect from an instance
- eq Showplan XML
Showplan XML Statistics Profile
Showplan Statistics Profile
- er Used to define how the integrity of your database can be enforced automatically.
- es A database that allows some but not all features that cross the database boundary.
- et An index where the physical order of the rows is totally independent of their indexed order. Can be unique or non-unique.
- eu A ____ can be used only by a single ____.
- ev Process that involves deploying methods to separate data into multiple related tables.
- ew ____ monitors activities in real time.
- ex Option that specified that a table-level lock is used for the duration of the entire bulk-import operation.
- ey The ____ is for recording system-level information for an instance.
- ez ____ should be on ____.
- fa Shows deadlock information formatted by each node involved.
- fb Used to specify that a column does not take NULL values (which are unknown or undefined).
- fc Used during DDL operation.
- fd SQL Server will return the execution information for each statement without actually executing it.
- fe The values that represents the percentage to fill the data page files on index creation at the index leaf-layer.
- ff A server-level configuration option that is set to off by default. Works to compress the backups.
- fg When you have ____ and Foreign key constraints SQL Server will ____ create indexes for them.
- fh Use to insert a defined value into the column whenever there is not value specified. Can be used with INSERT to explicitly insert a default value.
- fi If no value is specified, the Advisor will assume a space limit of ____ the current raw data size, OR the ____ space on all the attached drives in addition to raw data size.
- fj You should ____ create a clustered index prior to creating any ____.
- fk You can base a ____ on a ____.
- fl The categories for hints.
- fm Used to enforce domain integrity. Use when you want to limit the values that can be entered into a column.
- fn Use for holding system objects that are included with SQL Server and is read only.
- fo ____ can be performed against the master, model, msdb, ReportServer, ReportServerTempDB, and tempdb databases.
- fp The SET SHOWPLAN statements ____ be used inside a ____ since they must be the only statement in a batch.
- fq ____ and ____ options of ALTER DATABASE allows you to take the instance offline or bring it back online.
- fr Only one transaction can obtain this to a resource at any point in time.
- fs Tells the average amount of wait time for each lock request.
- ft To create an indexed view ____ and ____ options must be ON when you run CREATE VIEW using WITH SCHEMABINDING.
- fu Takes place when SQL Server needs to scan the data to find the records.
- fv You may have a maximum of ____ hint from each ____ at the same time.
- fw BCP data files ____ include any ____ or ____ information.
- fx Has the backup contents added to the media set by backup process.
- fy ____, worker threads, memory, parallel query execution-related resources and Multiple Active Results Sets resources can all cause ____.
- fz Used to NOT issue any shared locks or recognize exclusive locks. Use only with the SELECT statement.
- ga How SQL Server attempts to determine the best way to execute a submitted query.
- gb The ____ percentage is used only at the time of ____.
- gc The ____ backup is useful when a subset of data is ____ more often then the rest of the database.
- gd To use a secondary data file you need to ____, ____, and then ____.
- ge ____ requires that you remove all those columns that are not dependent on the primary key.
- gf The ____ execution plan is the same as using the SET ____ statement.
- gg The process of producing a detailed database specific data model to meet end user requirements.
- gh If OFF, shared locks will be used to prevent other transactions from modifying rows while the current transaction is reading, and block the statement from reading row modified until completed. If ON, row versioning will be used to present each statement with a consistent snapshot of the data.
- gi An index that has a logical order of key values which determines the physical order of the corresponding rows. Each table or view can have only one.
- gj When enabled the percentage of free space that is specified by the fill factor is applied to the intermediate level pages of an index. It represents the same thing as fill factor for non-leaf levels.
- gk When a ____ constraint references columns in tables in the same database or table, the table becomes a ____ table.
- gl When size is not supplied, the size of the ____ will be set to the size of the file in the ____.
- gm Identified the most expensive queries
- gn Takes place when SQL Server needs to scan the index pages to find the records
- go ____ is optimized for handling transactions
- gp Used to bulk copy data between an instance and a data file in a separate user-specified format.
- gq Tell the number of latch request that were not granted immediately.
- gr Used to produce readable output that is to be used by Win32 command prompt applications.
- gs Used to specify the non-key columns to be added to the leaf level of a nonclustered index.
- gt Used to hold a shared lock until the transaction is completed.
- gu Used to specify the percentage of space on each leaf-level page for data when rebuilding or creating an index. Server-wide default value is 0.
- gv Stored procedure that allows you to estimate the size required for a full backup.
- gw Suitable when a query is optimized to get the first row of the result set.
- gx Creates a partition function and specifies the number of partitions, partition column and the range of partition column values for each partition.
- gy Secondary XML index useful for the .exist() methods
- gz ____ is the ____ value for DATAFILETYPE.
- ha The uniqueness of data values contained in a column
- hb Collects general information on SQL Server connections, stored procedures and T-SQL Statements.
- hc The ____ and the ____ cannot be backed up.
- hd ____ is what the command prompt utility for Database Engine Tuning is known as.
- he Has event classes dealing with the execution of stored procedures.
- hf If you create a ____, a unique clustered index on the column will be ____ created.
- hg Tells the number of lock requests per second that resulted in deadlock.
- hh ____ and ____ should be placed in a different file group on a different physical drive since they are I/O heavy.
- hi An ordered collection of backup media, tapes or disk files
- hj Recovery model that requires log backups. Permits high-performance bulk copy operations. It is not possible to restore to a specific point in time.
- hk Developing a visual representation of the real world problem as an ERD and have the details modeled in terms of entities, attributes and relations.
- hl Used to evaluate the selectivity of an index. Shows the current distribution statistic for a particular table and index, or for all tables and indexes.
- hm Has event classes produced when DML operators are running.
- hn Rebuilds a clustered index but does not rebuild the associated nonclustered indexes unless you use the keyword ALL.
- ho Supposed to have the greatest selectivity since only one row can match.
- hp A feature that uses a proportional fill mechanism across all the files within each filegroup.
- hq An object that provides information about SQL Server locks on resources that prevent concurrent use by different transactions.
- hr Gathers information of each T-SQL statement for recreating the same activity in the future.
- hs Max number of files and filegroups each for each database
- ht The view must reference ____ tables in the ____ as the view.
- hu When all the files in a filegroup are full, the ____ will automatically ____ at a time.
- hv Secondary XML index useful for performing value-based queries when the full path is not known.
- hw Used when compiling and executing queries.
- hx Max columns per index file has a ____ value of ____.
- hy A set of T-SQL statements that execute against a database using trace files, trace tables, and/or T-SQL scripts.
- hz The ____ created on a view must be a ____ clustered one.
- ia CHECK constraints work at the ____ to ____values that evaluate to FALSE.
- ib Used to single an intent to place locks at lower level. They can be intent shared, intent exclusive, or shared intent exclusive.
- ic Tells the number of lock requests per second that timed out, not including NOWAIT locks.
- id The maximum size of a data file.
- ie A database that is isolated from other databases and the instance of SQL Server that hosts it.
- if You can have a maximum of ____ per table.
- ig Data values are uncommon and never unique
- ih Used to specify the file that is for collecting rows that have formatting errors.
- ii Indicated on a result set. Means the query optimizer determined the statistic needs to be updated.
- ij The specified temporary table name should not exceed ____.
- ik A file, device or a tape used for backups.
- il The Management Studio GUI lets you see the Query Execution Plan by selecting either the Display ____ Plan or ____ Execution Plan.
- im All temporary tables will be automatically dropped when the ____ is finished or via the ____ command.
- in Used to import a data file into a table or view.
- io No other transactions can change data and read operations can carry on only with the presence of a NOLOCK hint or read uncommitted isolation level.
- ip To move a system database data or log file to a new instance you:
1. Run ____
2. Then ____ (NAME = logical name, FILENAME = 'path')
- iq Entity Relationship Diagram
- ir You should supplement a ____ database back up with a series of ____ database backups.
- is Before setting SINGLE_USER mode you must ensure that ____ option is ____.
- it You ____ keep compressed and ____ backups in the same ____.
- iu Tell the number of lock requests per second that timed out including NOWAIT locks.
- iv When on, each executed query will return a regular result set and then an additional result set that details the profile of the query execution.
- iw Recovery model that requires log backups and there will be no data loss. Possible to restore to a specific point in time.
- ix The ____ server role is required to initialize it. After the initialization users who are members of the ____ fixed role can use it to tune the databases they own.
- iy Used to produce more in-depth details.
- iz ____ date types such as ntext, varchar(max), xml and image ____ be used as the key columns for an index.
- ja ____ can never join any filegroup.
- jb You ____ add or remove files when ____ is running.
- jc Same as HOLDLOCK: Used to hold a shared lock until the transaction is completed.
- jd The process of making room for new records.
- je SET STATISTICS PROFILE is useful for ____ queries, ____ and ____.
- jf A value that can be char, native, widechar, widenative
- jg ____ columns are stored as binary large objects and ____ be given an index. Use ____ to produce a primary XML index.
- jh Table is portioned based on the frequency of access of columns