141 Multiple choice questions
- There ____ be more than one ____ defined on the LOGON event.
- More than a ____ instance of SQL server ____ installed at a time.
- The max ____ percentage cannot be lower than the min ____ percentage.
- Disallows the use of Windows application log to record events.
- The ____ statement, practically, marks the end of a successful implicit or explicit transaction.
- You need ____ SQL Server ____ for all SQL Server instances installed on the same server.
- You ____ create ____ server level roles.
- Statements cannot read data that has been changed but not yet committed.
- ____ is the default state of READ_COMMITTED ____.
- Used to instruct SQL Server Agent to execute a job immediately
- Tell whether password expiration policy should be enforced on that login
- Provides a basic editor to write T-SQL statements/scripts
- In the ____, in files, and often group into ____ is how databases are stored
- The ____ or ____ is how you change memory options manually.
- The ____ is how you update current configured values that have been changed with sp_configure.
- A Windows service that executes scheduled administrative tasks.
- Used to find out further information on the various jobs
- The primary interface for managing the databases.
- ____ and ____ are the two statements that can end Autocommit mode.
- Permissions ____ be changed for fixed Server Level Roles.
- You ____ remove someone from the ____ server role.
- ____ instances that you can monitor in the ____ process are what captured events in the Database Engine become.
- There are ____ fixed Server Level Roles in SQL Server
- Granted the permission to add or removed linked servers
to specify the size of memory that SQL Server can leave available for
allocations within the process outside of the Server memory pool
- Are containers for session requests with similar or identical classification criteria.
- SQL Server ____ be allowed to adjust and use memory ____.
- ____ is the biggest advantage of SQL Server Authentication
- The CPU and I/O affinities ____ exclusive.
- You can use ____ to apply locks when you select, modify or insert rows.
- ____ is the SQL Server default transaction isolation level.
- You can query ____ to find out if there are many locks outstanding.
- The ____ is how you make changes to the current user session only.
- Used to configure and manage the reporting services.
- Definitions of the types of locks that can be acquired on read operations.
- A mode that means every T-SQL statement will be committed or rolled back when it is completed.
- After ____ is finished and before the ____ is established is when logon triggers fire.
- A Windows service that listens for incoming requests.
- ____ and ____ are the two T-SQL statements that are needed to make a new workload group,
- Captures all the stored procedures and T-SQL batches that are run. Used to monitor the general database server activities
- The ____ is how you change Database level settings.
would use ____ for database ____. Designed for processing alerts, and
running scheduled jobs. Can also send out relevant alerts and
notifications through email
- When there a is particular ____ preventing the server from starting is when you most often use the ____ option.
- READ COMMITTED is ____ than READ UNCOMMITTED.
- ____ statement or ____ are two ways to set up credentials.
- ____ are the predefined templates for SQL Server Profiler (5)
- You can reconfigure Resource Governor in Management Studio Under ____ - Template Explorer - ____ - Configure Resource Governor.
- Granted the permission to manage disk files.
- The '____' should be included with the -m option.
- Used to manage the SQL server instances and set up the clients/client protocols.
- ____ is the ____ state for the CHECK-EXPIRATION option.
- ____ the Database Engine service ____ remove users currently connected.
- Used to produce a count on how many jobs a schedule is tied to.
- Granted the permission to create, alter, drop and restore any database. They cannot alter others databases.
- An affinity mask is used for ____ controlling ____ affinity.
- You can configure processor affinity options in SQL Server 2012 by using the ____ statement and then the ____ argument.
- Will not issue shared locks. They are not blocked by exclusive locks, and it means dirty reads.
- The affinity mask can be configured without a restart with the ____.
- The max CPU percentage cannot be ____ than the min CPU percentage.
- The ____ email system is depreciated.
- You would use workload groups to ____.
- ____ are the fixed Server Level Roles provided by SQL Server. (9)
- Every log in belongs to the ____ server role.
- You ____ pause the SQL Server ____.
- Used to produce information on the status of a job run
- Object ownership groups
- ____ is the statement that will end implicit transaction mode.
- Says the Windows password policies of the local server computer should be enforced on this particular login.
difference between the Management Studio GUI and sp_configure is while
____ allows access to ____ options the ____ contains the ____ used
server configuration options.
- ____ is the ____ state for CHECK_POLICY.
- ____ is the default template for SQL Server Profiler.
- You can reconfigure the ____ while configuring the Resource Governor.
- ____ is what is started with the SET IMPLICIT_TRANSACTIONS statement.
set up ____ Mail you would configure one or more databases as mail
hosts and then define client settings so SQL Server Agent can send
message via ____ mail server
cannot read data modified but not yet committed and no other
transactions can modify data that has been read until current
transaction is completed.
- Multiple logins ____ be mapped to a ____.
- The sums of the minimum CPU and minimum memory percentages for all available resource polls cannot go over ____ percent.
- Allows you to limit connections to a specified client application
- Minimizing locks will ____.
- Applies exclusive locks
detailed information about the executing stored procedures. Used to get
information about stored procedures that are executed.
transaction can only recognize data modifications committed prior to
the start of the transaction. Modifications made after the start will be
- Removes all data modifications made and rolls back to the beginning of the transaction
- Locks commonly cause ____.
- The file extension of trace files
- Provides an identity outside of the SQL Server. Can be mapped to more than one login.
- Produces the same effect as setting HOLDLOCK on all tables in the SELECT statement.
- ____ is the kind of transaction started with the BEGIN TRANSACTION statement.
- Internal SQL Server resource locks related to user activity and resource usage.
- Workload groups located under the ____ node - ____ in Management Studio.
all statements submitted with information grouped by the client that
submitted it. Use it to investigate queries from specific clients.
to utilize captured traces, and capture and save data to analyze later.
Can also create templates to define event classes and data columns
- Used to instruct SQL Server Agent to make changes to a job
- ____ and ____ are the two affinity mask options.
- Used for starting an instance with minimal configuration.
- A feature you can use to specify limits on resource consumption by incoming requests
- You will prevent new users from connecting to the Database Engine if you ____ it.
- The HASHED argument should be used only when ____ databases from one ____ to another.
- ____ is the T-SQL statement used for transaction isolation levels.
- Update locks that are held in place until a transaction is completed.
- The acquired lock is to be applied at the table level
- Granted the permission to change server-wide configuration options and shut down the server
- Used for directly affecting the I/O affinity mask.
- Allows you to start only a named instance of SQL Server
- You ____ to use the Query Window in order to write T-SQL.
- Another statement ____ need to be written to mark the start of a new ____ transaction.
- Granted the permission to end processes that are running.
- ____ then ____ are the two T-SQL statements that are needed for creating resource pools.
- ____ is the default transaction management mode.
you need to provide support for ____, ____ applications, or if you have
____ in place is when you would use SQL Server Authentication.
- Specifies that the login is to be mapped to a Windows login
- ____ are the two email systems SQL Server Agent can use to send emails.
the permission to manage logins and their properties, as well as GRANT,
DENY, and REVOKE permissions at server-level, and if they have access
to database-level permissions. They can reset passwords
- Used to extract and read the job schedule.
- The ____ or ____ statement are two ways to configure logins and their passwords.
- Granted the permission to execute the BULK INSERT statement
- Allows you to increase the number of extents allocated for each file in a filegroup.
- You create a logon trigger with the ____.
- The ____ can be used in real time.
- There can be ____ transaction ____ levels set at a time.
- Triggers that can fire stored procedures when a LOGON event is raised.
- ____ are the optional password policies available. (3)
- The ____ password policies are enforced for ____ logins.
the ____ statement or Right-clicking on it in the ____ of the
Management Studio and selecting Enable are the two ways can you enable
the Resource Governor.
- ____ on the object and select ____ to get information about an objects properties in Management Studio.
- Used to show or change server-level settings
- Has the server prompt the user for a new password on their first login with that password
- Used for assigning processors to specific threads.
- ____ are the hints that XLOCK can be specified with.
- Specifics that the password that follows the PASSWORD argument is already hashed
- Captures all T-SQL statements submitted by clients and the time issued. Used for debugging client applications.
- The row locks are to be taken
- There are ____ predefined templates for SQL Server Profiler.
- Used to prevent concurrent use of a resource by multiple different transactions
- The executable process of the SQL Server Database Engine.
- An option in Management Studio, allows you to script a login
- Capture statements submitted and their execution time. Used to identify the slower queries.
- Refers to an exclusive lock on the table
- Used for shortening the startup time when starting SQL Server from the command prompt
- Granted the permission to preform any activity in the server