32 Multiple choice questions
- term for the line drawn through the average positions of the various data points on a graph
- term for the distance between two points in a straight line
- term for a change in velocity divided by the time required for the change
- term for any change in position
- The slope of the tangent to the curve at a given point on the velocity vs. time graph represents _______ _______.
- term for any quantity that has a magnitude but no direction
- When the acceleration of an object is not uniform from one time interval to the next, its motion is ____ ______.
- term for motion involving starts, stops, and maneuvers
- An object with a large ____ ___ in relation to its ___ experiences more air resistance.
- two forces that act on a falling object
an object has variable motion, it is convenient to describe its rate of
progress along its actual path in terms of ____ ____.
- True or False: The value of gravity is greater at a higher altitude.
- term for translational motion along a straight line
- term for the velocity at any given moment in time
- When does a falling object reach its terminal velocity?
- term for rectilinear motion with no change in speed
- the value of gravity
- the study of motion without regard to force
- factor that affects the value of gravity
- term for any change in velocity per unit time
an object falling toward the earth has no forces acting on it except
gravity (ignoring air resistance), that object is in ___ ____.
- term for negative acceleration
- term for speed in a single stated direction
- a way of showing positive and negative direction
- term for the point that all motion is compared to
- When the acceleration of an object is constant from one time interval to the next, its motion is _____ ______.
- term meaning the distance an object moves per unit of time
- term for any quantity having both a magnitude and a direction
- Velocity is equal the ___ of the trend line on a graph.
- the way we describe the straight-line motion of an object that does not actually travel a single direction with constant speed
- term for translational motion along a curved line
- term for the fastest velocity at which an object can fall