18 Multiple choice questions
- term for the point at which the driving frequency and the natural frequency are the same
- The period of a pendulum is inversely dependent on....
- The period of a pendulum depends on..
- Every physical object has a _____ ______ of vibration.
- term for any force that pushes or pulls an object away from the center of a circle
- type of motion that an object exhibits when it follows a circular path at constant speed
- term for any motion that occurs repeatedly after the same lapse of time
- term for any force producing centripetal acceleration
- term for the number of oscillations that occur per unit time
- term for repetitive motion back and forth over the same path
- term for a freely swinging mass hanging from a thin, massless connector
- term for the absolute value of the maximum displacement in either direction during oscillation
- term for any rigid body mounted so that it can swing in a plane about a point of support
for periodic motion that follows the same path over the same time
interval and is caused by a restorative force that is proportional to
- term for the time it takes for one full oscillation to occur
- term for an orbiting (or rotating) object's acceleration toward the center of a circle due to a force causing a constant change in direction
- The period of a pendulum does not depend on..
- point at which the restorative force on an object and its original force are in balance