17 Multiple choice questions
arrangement of bits, words and codes within a frame. Many are possible,
and each electronic component in the digital domain reads only those
frames that are (this) for that system.
- An 8 bit binary word.
- The smallest recognizable complete sample of data.
transduce binary code into voltage fluctuations. Conversely, these
converters transduce voltage variances to binary coded signals.
representation of a complete voltage span (level or intensity) in
discrete, binary numbers. It is the digital representation of amplitude
- When two or more signals are combined in such a way that they can later be decoded or separated.
- A Binary digit. They are either 1 or 0; on or off, voltage or no voltage conditions.
- A control system device that uses feedback of an output signal to compare and correct itself to a reference signal.
some CD players, samples of no voltage are created between actual
samples so comparisons can be made among all samples, and a complete and
accurate set of digits is the result, even if the original signal has
been lost or degraded in some manner. This happens at either 4, 8 or 16
times per frame.
a CD "read" device, a special light emitting diode (led). This single
wavelength light beam is filtered and focused on a very discrete area of
the track so that it can read the pits that are there.
kind of digital encoding of a signal. The most common type is where the
voltage range is divided into a number of equal intervals.
compressed digital audio file, reduced in size according to
psychoacoustical findings related to the limits of human audio
perception. A generic term for any number of similar compression
- A string of bits that together contain binary information
- A digital storage medium that connects to a computerized device via a serial interface (USB).
process by which the entire analog audible frequency spectrum is
assessed or scanned 44,100 times per second and the information (the
entire audio spectrum) converted to binary code.
electronic device that allows only frequencies lower than a given
cutoff point to pass. In the digital domain, any frequencies below 20
- Logic algorithms in Boolcan algebra. Combination commands that route digital signals to control complex operations.