74 Matching questions
- What is the red grape name Blaufrankisch called in Croatia?
- What are 2 other names for the red grape Nebbiolo grape?
- What grape variety is a mutation of the red grape Pinot Noir?
- In Italy was is the name for the following grapes:
1. Pinot Noir
2. Pinot Gris
- What red grape is blended with Cabernet Sauvignon in Australia?
- What grape variety is a mutation of the white grape Pinot Gris?
- What grape was created by the crossing of the red gaped named Blaufrankisch and the red grape named St. Laurent?
- What is the scientific name for the North American native grape that is the second most common grape used to make wine in the world?
- What does autochthonous mean?
- What white grape, if aged, is best aged in old Oak?
- What is the 3rd grape of Burgundy?
- What is the German word for Pinot Blanc?
- Name the 3 red grapes in G-S-M?
- What red grape is a cross between 2 red grapes named Blaufrankisch and St. Laurent?
- When considering wines what does green mean?
- Which grape is mistaken for Carmenere?
- What does the phrase "Sauvignon Blanc with fume Blanc" mean?
- What is the scientific name for the European grape used to make most wines in the world that was first developed in the Caucasus?
- Name 3 grapes which originated from the red grape name Crljenak Kastenlanski?
- Name a red grape and a white grape which originated from Burgundy that are considered International grapes?
- Name 3 mutations of the white grape Muscat?
- Pinotage is a cross from what 2 grapes?
- In order, What are the German terms the for the following grapes:
1. Pinot Noir
2. Pinot Gris
3. Pinot Blanc
4. Pinot Meunier
- What red grape ripens early in Bordeaux?
- What common indigenous grape of Italy that does NOT grow around the Montepulciano village in Italy?
- What white grape has 3 different names in 3 different areas of Portugal and where are they named?
- What grape is blended with Mazuelo and other reds in Rioja, Spain
- What is the grape variety has the most vines planted in the world?
- Pinot Grigio is called by 2 different names in Germany, what are they?
- The 4 most common grapes that are considered International grapes originated from which country?
- Name 2 red grapes which originated from Bordeaux that are considered International grapes?
- What does Red Meritage mean?
- What color of grape is Negroamaro which is common in Italy?
- What red grape ripens in cool climate?
- What white grape can have a intense floral aroma, petrol scent, makes dessert wines from late-harvest botrytis and is naturally high acid?
- What is a crossing referring to grape propagation?
- The red grape Cabernet Sauvignon is a cross from what 2 grapes?
- What red grape can be made into a wine that oxidizes quickly having a salmon or orange tinge?
- What grape is a cross between red grape Syrah and red grape Peloursin?
- Name 3 different hybrids between Vitis vinifera and Vitis labrusca
- In Austria and Germany, the Pinot Blanc grape is called?
- What are 2 other names for red grape Melon de Bougogne?
- What white grape variety is adaptable to climate and can be made into still or sparkling, dry to sweet and is high acid in cool climate?
- What are 2 other names for the red Mourvedre grape and where are they used?
- What white grape variety is easy to grow, benefits with interaction with wood, rarely made sweet, improves with age?
- What white grape is usually made into vins doux natural in southern France?
- What white grape is an ancient grape and is in nearly every region of the world?
- What neutral white grape is used to make Brandy and Cognac?
- What are 3 other names for the red grape Sangiovese grape?
- What 2 grapes are planted in almost every wine growing region of the world?
- What is the term for a plant developing different characteristics?
- List 7 other names for the red grape Tempranillo grape and where are they used?
- What is a clone when referring to grapes?
- Name the white grape from the upper Rhone River, which is rich and viscous?
- What red grape is most respected?
- What is the German word for Pinot Noir?
- What is the red Durif grape called in the United States?
- What red grape is used in blending of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot in Bordeaux?
- What is the white Viura grape called in Spain?
- What grape is the state signature of the of Virginia?
Hint: Begins with a V
- What does White Meritage mean?
- Name the 5 commonly grown grapes that produce wines that change the most in character based on terroir?
Hint: The 4 international grapes and Malbec
- What red grape is the closest to Primitivo?
- Name the North American insect that nearly wipe out all of the European grape species that is used to make wine?
- Name the 2 white grapes from Portugal which has different names in Rias Baixas, Spain?
- What is the white grape names Chasselas called in Hungary?
- What white grape is low acid, a blending partner with Chardonnay in Australia and with Sauvignon Blanc in Bordeaux?
- What is the white grape named Fendant called in Switzerland?
- What is a variety when referring to grapes?
- What is a hybrid?
- What is the white grape named Welschriesling called in Croatia?
- What is the red grape Trebbanio grape called in France?
- What white grape is most aromatic with perfume of flowers and spice, first recorded in Italian Alps and is now popular in Alsace?
- What color are the 3 grapes Assyriko, Moschofilero and Rhoditis which are common in Greece?
- a white grape Macabeo
- b Phylloxera
- c Ugni Blanc
- d white grape Chardonnay
- e blending of 2 Bordeaux red grapes
- f 1. red grape Pinot Noir
2. white grape Chardonnay
- g white grape Gewurztraminer
- h red grape Cabernet Sauvignon
- i white
- j red grape Cabernet Franc
- k 1. red grape Gernache
2. red grape Syrah
3. red grape Mouvedre
- l red grape Zinfandel
- m Chasselas
- n 1. white grape Seyval Blanc
2. white grape Vidal Blanc
3. red grape Baco Noir
- o Muscat
- p Montepulciano grape
- q 1. Grauburgunder
- r red grape Merlot
- s white grape Chenin Blanc
- t 1. red grape Cabernet Franc
2. white grape Sauvignon Blanc
- u Vitis labrusca
- v 1. white grape Muscat Blanc a Petit Grains
2. white grape Muscat of Alexander
3. white grape Muscat Ottonel
- w 1. Spanna
- x blending of 2 Bordeaux white grapes
- y red grape Shirah
- z unripen grapes
- aa red grape Zweigelt
- ab 1. red grape Cabernet Sauvignon
2. white grape Saviginon Blanc
3. white grape Chardonnay
4. red grape Merlot
5. red grape Malbec
- ac red grape Tempranillo
- ad Subspecies
- ae Viogner
- af white grape Sauvignon Blanc with oak influence
- ag 1. red grape Spatburguner
2. white grape Gauer Burgunder
3. white grape Weissburgunder
4. red grape Schwarzriesling
- ah white grape Riesling
- ai Frankovka
- aj red
- ak 1. Cabernet Sauvignon
- al Merlot
- am white grape Weissburgunder
- an France
- ao 1. Pinot Nero
2. Pinot Grisio
- ap 1. Brunello
2. Prugnolo Gentile
- aq white grape Airen
- ar 1. Loureiro - Loureira (Rias Baixas)
2. Alvarinho - Albarino (Rias Baixas)
- as red grape Grenache
- at white grape Sauvignon Blanc
- au 1. Monastrell - Spain
2. Mataro - United States
- av 1. Tinta del Toro - Toro
2. Tinta del Pais - Ribera del Duero and Cigales
3. Ull de Lebre - Catalonia
4. Cencibel - La Mancha and Valdepenas
5. Aragonez - Portugal
6. Tinta Roriz - Douro Valley in Portugal
7. Valdepenas - United States
- aw red grape Pinot Noir
- ax 1. red grape Cabernet Sauvignon
2. white grape Muscat
- ay 1. Primitivo in Italy
2. Zinfandel in US
3. Plavac Mali in Croatia
- az Petite Sirah
- ba when 2 subspecies combine to make an offspring
- bb red grape Spatburgunder
- bc Zweigelt
- bd Fendant
- be white grape Ugni Blanc
- bf indigenous or native
- bg white grape Pinot Blanc
- bh white grape Muscat
- bi white grape Pinot Gris
- bj white grape Viogner
- bk Mutation
- bl when 2 species combine to make an offspring
- bm Grasevinia
- bn white grape Aligote
- bo Weissburgunder
- bp 1. Verdelho - Madeira
2. Gouveio - Vinho Verde
3. Godello - rest of Portugal
- bq 1. red grape Pinot Noir
2. red grape Cinsault
- br A grape vine plant that is genetically identical to another grape vine plant.
- bs white grape Semillion
- bt red grape Durif
- bu 1. Muscadet
- bv Vitis vinifera