14 Multiple choice questions
- Tertiarty Hyperthyroidism
- (Fight/Flight responses) Tachycardia, palpitations, increased CO, restlessness, hyperactive reflexes, tremors, nervousness.
- Primary Hyperthyroidism
- Anti-Thyroid meds.
- The Pituitary Gland
- Levothyroxine/Synthroid (a Thyroid replacement hormone).
- Reduces the vasc. of the Thyroid Gland to <the risk of bleeding during surgery.
- Secondary Hyperthyroidism
Nodules (Multi-nodular Goiter, Toxic Adenoma), Thyroiditis, Thyroid
Tumor, too much TH to trt Hypothyroidism, radiation exposure.
- (Fight/Flight responses) Heat intolerance, hyperthermia, warm moist skin, dehydration, diaphoresis.