25 Multiple choice questions
- There is something called Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Hyperthyroidsim
- Elevated serum lipid lvls, < libido, erectile dysfunction, Myxedema (swelling in connective tissues).
and Tertiary Hypothyroidism may be caused by 1) Hypothalmic lesion, 2)
Pituitary lesion, or 3) Postpartum Pituitary Necrosis.
- Fatigue, wt gain, lethargy, slowed mvmt, memory loss, feeling cold.
- Bradycardia, decreased cardiac output, cool skin, cold intolerance.
- 'Hashimoto's Thyroiditis' is an autoimmune disorder.
- SOB, < appetite, wt gain, cool dry skin, brittle hair.
- A slowed metabolic rate.
- There is something called a 'Myxedma Coma'.
- Hypothyroidism can end up occuring d/t inflammation of the Thyroid Gland.
- Hypothyroidism can end up occuring d/t congenital defects.
- Dyspnea, hypoventilation, constipation, confusion, heart failure (d/t decreased pumping strength of the heart).
- 'Hashimoto's Thyroiditis' destroys the Thyroid tissue & leads to Hypothyroidism.
- Altered fat metabolism (causes hyperlipidemia which can l/t CV disease).
- Connective tissues throughout the body.
- Hypothyroidism can end up occuring d/t a deficiency in iodine.
- Advanced stages.
- Primary Hypothyroidism can be d/t: 1) Congenital defects, 2) Inflammation of the Thyroid Gland, 3) Deficiency of Iodine.
- There is something called 'Hashimoto's Thyroiditis'. It's a form of Hypothyroidism.
- Low levels of TH
- There is something called Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Hypothyroidism
- The manifestations of Hypothyroidism are d/t the reduced metabolic rate.