18 Multiple choice questions
- 12 Tongue movements
- 1. Smell
- 2 Sense of sight.
- Testing: The ability of a Pt. to say "ahhhh" or to move their head up and down tests damage to this Cranial Nerve:
- This nerve controls the tongue. Assess: Speech: have the patient stick out the tongue to test this nerve:
- 3 Movement of eyeball. Pupil constriction. Raise eyelids, move eyes, regulate the size of pupils, focus of lenses.
- 7 Contractions of facial muscles, facial expressions, secretion of saliva, taste.
- This is the 6th cranial nerve. It is resposible for eyeball movement laterally:
Transmit impulses to muscles associated with speech, swallowing, the
heart, smooth muscles of visceral organs in the thorax and abdomen.
- 8 Sense of hearing and equilibrium.
- 11 Turning movements of the head, movements of the shoulder and viscera, voice production.
- 5 Sensations of the head, face,scalp, teeth. Chewing movements, and muscle sense.
- 9th cranial nerve responsible for taste and regulation of carotid blood pressure
- Testing: The ability of the eyes to follow a moving object tests this nerve:
Sense of taste & swallowing, pharynx contraction. Secretion of
saliva, aid in reflex control of blood pressure and respiration.
- 4 Eye movement, proprioception.
- 6 Eye movement.