6 Multiple choice questions
- the break occurs at a right angle to the axis of the bone,
- A fracture in which the bone has been twisted apart and the line of break is helical.
- occurs at an angle other than a right angle to the axis of the bone
a child's bones are much more pliable than adult bone, an incomplete,
or 'greenstick,' fracture may occur. A "greenstick fracture" means that
one side of the fracture has broken and one side is bent; therefore it
is classified as an incomplete break.
- incomplete, linear break, A fracture that runs parallel to the long axis of a bone
- complete, and fragments the bone, a fracture of a bone in which the separated parts are splintered or fragmented.