32 Matching questions
- Which is true about wool?
- Which defines fabric texture?
- The soft, hairy coat of an animal used primarily for coats, outerwear and trimmings is:
- Which manufactured fiber was the first to be made totally from chemicals?
- Which are man-made fibers?
- Which manufactured fiber is silky and luxurious and is often used in neckties and lingerie?
- Which is a twill weave?
- Thickness or diameter of a fiber is:
- Which weave produces a smooth, shiny-surfaced fabric?
- The number of stitches, or loops, per inch in a knitted fabric is:
- Natural fibers derived from plants are natural fibers derived from plants are:
- After having her kitchen redesigned, Mary was pleased with every aspect of the makeover. The pleasing visual
effect of the new design is:
- Which disposable items are recycled into a polyester fiber that is being used to make fabric for t-shirts and filling
- Fibers that are man-made and begin as thick liquids are:
- The soft, white, downy fiber that is strong and durable, cool to wear, and is commonly used in underwear and
- A tough, flexible material made by preserving animal hides through a process called tanning is:
- Which are natural fibers?
- Which is a group of fibers twisted together to form a continuous strand?
- Which manufactured fiber is made from coal or petroleum, often blended with other fibers, and has great
- Which are animal fibers?
- Which is the chemical process that removes color, impurities, or spots from fibers?
- Which weave creates diagonal ridges on the surface of the fabric resulting in a strong and durable fabric such as
- The diagonal grain of a fabric is the:
- In both wovens and knits, crosswise yarns are referred to as:
- the fine, lustrous fiber that comes from the cocoon of a worm is:
- The two categories of finishes applied to fabric, yarn or fibers to change the appearance, performance, or feel
- A method of constructing fabrics by looping yarns together is:
- Fabrics constructed by compacting fibers together using a combination of moisture, heat chemicals, friction,
and/or pressure are:
- The natural fiber that forms the coat of sheep and is commonly used in coats and blankets is:
- Applying colors, designs, or surface treatments that change the look, feel, or performance of fabrics is:
- Which is the smallest unit in a textile fabric?
- Knitted fabrics are constructed by:
- a Acetate
- b Nylon and polyester
- c Plastic bottles
- d Wool
- e Denim
- f Cellulosic
- g Cotton and silk
- h Look and feel
- i Flax, cotton, and wool
- j Bleaching
- k Harmony
- l Cotton.
- m Strongest of all natural fibers
- n Yarn
- o Nylon
- p Gauge
- q Bias
- r Knitting
- s Manufactured
- t Nonwoven
- u Fur
- v Silk
- w Weft.
- x Finishing.
- y Leather
- z Mechanical and chemical
- aa Polyester
- ab Twill
- ac Denier
- ad Satin
- ae Looping yarns.
- af Fiber