This is a Free Service provided by Why Fund Inc. (a 501 C3 NonProfit) We thank you for your donation!
(1. Click on the course Study Set you wish to learn.) (2. If you wish you can click on "Print" and print the test page.) (3. When you want to take a test...click on anyone of the tests for that Study Set.) (4. Click on "Check Answers" and it will score your test and correct your answers.) (5. You can take all the tests as many times as you choose until you get an "A"!) (6. Automated college courses created from lecture notes, class exams, text books, reading materials from many colleges and universities.)
Learn efficiently and remember over time.
Start Long-Term Learning
Get personalized study reminders at intervals optimized for better retention.
Track your progress on this set by creating a folder
(current assets/ current
liabilities) Financial ratio showing the relationship between a
company's current assets and current liabilities. companies should have
enough liquid assets to meet the their obligations but not too many
(total liabilities/ total equity)
Financial ratio showing the relationship between debt (funds acquired
from creditors) and equity (funds invested by owners). a high debt to
equity ratio means it might be hard for a company to borrow money, less
determines how much money the
company needs, how and where it will get the necessary funds, and how
and when it will repay the money that it has borrowed, what the company
should do with its funds,what investments should be made in plant and
equipment, how much should be spent on research and development, and how
excess funds should be invested
-going public is quite costly—often exceeding $300,000
-financial results would be public information
-responsible to shareholders who will want to see the kind of short-term performance results that boosts stock prices
- initial public offering (IPO),
- help investment banking firm—a financial institution (such as Goldman
Sachs or Morgan Stanley) that specializes in issuing securities.
- investment banker advises you that now's a good time to go public and determines the best price at which to sell your stock.
- approval of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), .
Employees who perform similar
jobs and work as teams to identify quality, efficiency, and other
work-related problems; to propose solutions; and to work with management
in implementing their recommendations.
U.S. GAAP(generally accepted accounting principles)
U.S. and non-U.S. companies follow different sets of standards in preparing financial accounting reports
U.S. companies adhere to a uniform set of rules called generally
accepted accounting principles (GAAP), which are issued by an
independent agency called the Financial Accounting Standards Board
A Gantt chart is an easy-to-use graphical tool that helps operations managers determine the status of projects.
PERT charts are used to diagram the activities required to produce a
good, specify the time required to perform each activity in the process,
and organize activities in the most efficient sequence.
A PERT chart identifies a critical path—the sequence of activities that will entail the greatest amount of time.