Learn efficiently and remember over time.
Start Long-Term Learning
Add this set to a folder
Which of the following types of coupling is usually used to couple the output from a power amplifier?
Which of the following persons may inspect your record held by the Chief of Naval Personnel?
B- Your designated agent
C- Both 1 and 2 above
D- Your division officer
A circuit in which the resistance is almost zero ohms is referred to by which of the following terms?
The purpose of the CSMP is to
provide shipboard maintenance managers with a consolidated ing of
deferred maintenance to identify the material condition of the ship?
Which of the following factors will NOT affect the value of inductance of a coil?
A Diameter of the coil
B Core materials used
C Conductor tensility
D Number of coil turns
In a zinc-carbon primary cell, what is the function of the carbon electrode?
A To collect hydrogen
B To supply a return path for current
C To speed electrolysis
D To generate electrons
On the ML-N what information is in the column under COGNIZANCE CODE?
A The routing identifier of the managing activity, which is a potential source of supply
B A one-position code that indicates whether or not an item is repairable
C A one-position alpha code that designates the type of action required
by the file maintenance computer to enter/update/delete data in various
cyclic or master files
D A code designating a segment of material for management by a specific inventory manager and the funding involved
The Report and Disposition of Offense(s), NAVPERS 1626/7, contains all of the following information except
A preliminary inquiry report
B all of the required pre-mast advice that must be given to the accused
C record of any pre-mast restraint
D action of the XO at screening mast
Which of the following statements is correct concerning D flip-flops?
A The clock is delayed until it coincides with the input data
B Input data is delayed until it coincides with the clock
C The output is delayed up to one clock pulse
D The output is always a square wave
What is/are the term(s) applied to the space between and around charged bodies in which their influence is felt?
• Electric field of force
• Electrostatic field
• Dielectric field
• Each of the above (correct answer)
What term is used for a semiconductor that has three or more elements?
• Transistor (correct answer)
• Point contact
The speaker system of a record player should be driven by which of the following types of amplifier?
• An alternating-current rf amplifier
• An audio power amplifier (correct answer)
• A direct-current voltage amplifier
• A video voltage amplifier
When a large aluminum terminal lug or splice is installed, why is it NOT necessary to clean the aluminum wire?
• The wire is cleaned by the abrasive compound in the lug or splice
• The insulation used provides the necessary cleaning agent
• It is done automatically by the tubing
• Oxide film does not form on aluminum (correct answer)
Which of the following drugs is abused on the pretense of weight control?
• Amphetamines (correct answer)
Which of the following elements of the CRT helps prevent the beam of electrons from diverging?
• Focusing anode (correct answer)
• Decelerating anode
What term applies to the difference between the speed of the rotating stator field and the rotor speed?
• Rotor error
• Slip (correct answer)
Rapid reversals in the polarity of the line voltage applied to a capacitor will cause what type of capacitor power loss?
• Dielectric-hysteresis (correct answer)
A battery is rated according to a
20-hour rate of discharge at 300 ampere-hours. Which of the following
currents is the maximum current that will allow the battery to deliver
its rated capacity?
• 15 amperes (correct answer)
• 30 amperes
• 25 amperes
• 20 amperes
Which of the following goals are related to FAP?
• Domestic violence prevention
• Victim safety and protection
• Rehabilitative education and counseling
• All of the above (correct answer)
If signature authority has been
delegated to the leading petty officer, which of the following documents
is he/she NOT allowed to sign?
• DD 214 (correct answer)
• Special request chits
• 3M weekly schedule
• Service record pages
How are fixed capacitors classified?
• By their plate size
• By the thickness of their dielectric materials
• By their dielectric materials (correct answer)
• By the thickness of their conductors
What is the most common form of coupling?
• RC (correct answer)
What type of feedback is caused by interelectrode capacitance?
• Negative (correct answer)
The intensity knob on the spectrum analyzer controls what display function(s)?
• Brightness of the CRT trace
• Brightness of the readout display
A megger uses high voltage to check the insulation leakage in the megohm range. What is the source of this voltage?
• The ship's ac power
• The ship's dc power
• A hand-driven dc generator (correct answer)
What is the major factor that limits the high frequency response of an amplifier?
• Capacitance (correct answer)
• Transformer reactance
In generators, what principle is used to convert mechanical motion to electrical energy?
• Magnetic repulsion
• Atomic reaction
• Electrical attraction
• Magnetic induction (correct answer)
Under which of the following conditions does sparking occur between the brushes and the commutator?
• When there is improper commutation (correct answer)
• When there is an excessive load current
• When commutation is in the neutral plane
• When operating under normal conditions
What is the purpose of the aquadag coating in the CRT?
• It is used to focus the beam
• It eliminates the space charge
• It is used as a plate
• It eliminates the effects of secondary emission (correct answer)
What is the phase relationship between the output voltages of a three-phase alternator?
• 90ºout of phase
• In phase
• 60ºout of phase
• 120ºout of phase (correct answer)
For maximum power transfer between circuits, what impedance relationship should there be between the two circuits?
• The output impedance of circuit number one should be equal to the input impedance of circuit number two (correct answer)
• The output impedance of circuit number one should be higher
• The input impedance of circuit number one should be higher than the output impedance of circuit .number two
• The output impedance of circuit number one should be lower than the input impedance of circuit number two
Which of the following terms describes a single resistor that represents a complex circuit?
• Equivalent resistor (correct answer)
• Equal resistor
• Schematic resistor
• Phantom resistor
Instructions for the preparation of a PMS feedback reports are found on the reverse of OPNAVINST 4790/7B green page.
• True (correct answer)
A single-stage, two transistor amplifier that uses a phase splitter input is classified as what type of amplifier?
• Phase splitter
• Push-pull (correct answer)
What is the principal advantage of an indirectly heated cathode over a directly heated cathode?
• It is immune to ac heater current variations (correct answer)
• It has a lower operating temperature
• It is larger
• It reaches an operating temperature more quickly
Which of the following signal generators should you select to test audio equipment?
• Af signal generator (correct answer)
• Rf signal generator
• Video signal generator
• Fm signal generator
Color codes are used on preinsulated terminal lugs and splices to indicate what information?
• The style of crimping tool to be used
• The type of circuit in which they are to be used
• The resistance, in ohms, of the lugs and splices
• The wire sizes on which they are to be used (correct answer)
Which of the following actions will recharge a secondary cell?
• Connecting the negative terminal of a voltage source to the cathode of
the cell and the positive terminal of the voltage source to the anode
of the cell (correct answer)
• Adding more active ingredient to the electrolyte
• Connecting the negative terminal of a voltage source to the anode of
the cell and the positive terminal of the voltage source to the cathode
of the cell
• Adding more water to the electrolyte
The LC choke-input filter is used primarily where which of the following types of regulation is/are important?
• Voltage and current (correct answer)
• Current only
• Voltage only
Control of a circuit requiring a temporary actuation signal is provided by which of the following switches?
• Momentary (correct answer)
This person acts as an overall training supervisor? [Page 4-13]
• Department Head
• Commanding Officer
• Executive Officer (correct answer)
• PQs coordinator
Which of the following gates produces a HIGH output when any or all of the inputs are LOW?
• NAND (correct answer)
Which of the following ac filament voltages is most likely to be considered a common voltage?
• 3.0 volts
• 6.3 volts (correct answer)
• 1.5 volts
• 9.0 volts
Qualified Personnel are assigned by name for each MR scheduled on the weekly schedule.
• True (correct answer)
Which of the following types of circuits are most affected by the loading effect of voltmeters?
• High-resistance (correct answer)
The meter card is used to provide what information concerning test equipment?
• All of the above (correct answer)
Which of the following safety precautions should be observed when an ohmmeter is used?
• Always start with the highest scale of the meter
• Deenergize the circuit before connecting the meter (correct answer)
• Observe proper polarity
• All of the above