34 Multiple choice questions
- Made from a closely woven, heavy material.
- Gel adhesives are sometimes referred to as ______.
- Fabric wraps are the most popular type of nail wrap because of their ______.
- The point where the free edge of the natural nail meets the tip.
- Made from very thin synthetic mesh with a loose weave.
- An implement similar to a nail clipper, designed especially for use on nail tips.
- Used to coat and secure fabric wraps to the natural nail and nail tip.
- Temporary nail wraps made of very thin paper.
- Plastic, pre-molded nails shaped from a tough polymer made from ABS plastic.
- The product that accelerates the curing process of resins and adhesives is called a wrap resin accelerator or _______.
- The structural correction of the nail during a nail wrap maintenance service to ensure its strength, shape, and durability.
- When blending a nail tip at the contact area, the fine-grit buff block should be held _______.
of fabric cur to 1/8- inch in length and applied to the weak point of
the nail during the four-week fabric wrap maintenance to repair or
strengthen a weak point in nail enhancement.
- To remove fabric wrap, you first soak them in acetone and then __________.
- Implement similar to a nail clipper, designed especially for use on nail tips.
- The shallow depression area of a nail tip.
- a common thermoplastic used to make light, rigid, molded nail tips
- "activator"; acts as the dryer that speeds up the hardening process of the wrap resin or adhesive overlay.
- A product applied to the surface of natural nails to remove moisture and improve adhesion.
- A method of securing a layer of fabric or paper on and around the nail tip to ensure its strength and durability.
- A specialized acrylic monomer that has excellent adhesion to the natural nail plate and polymerizes in seconds.
- What is the strongest material used as a nail wrap?
- The bonding agent used to secure the nail tip to the natural nail.
- Made form a thin natural material with a tight weave that becomes transparent when wrap resin is applied.
used for when a nail enhancement needs to be serviced after two or more
weeks from the initial application of the nail enhancement product
layer of any kind of nail enhancement product that is applied over the
natural nail or nail and tip-application for added strength.
client with nail wraps should come back to the salon about _____ after
the original application for the first maintenance service.
- When applying nail tips to the natural nail plate, it is recommended that you use the ______ technique.
- A ______ is a plastic, pre-molded form adhered to the natural nail to add length or support a nail enhancement product.
- Nail wrap made of silk, linen, or fiberglass.
- Piece of fabric cut to completely cover a crack or break in the nail.
- To avoid damaging nail wraps when removing existing polish, use a _______.
- Which wraps are made from a very thin synthetic mesh with a loose weave?
- A substance used to remove surface moisture and tiny amounts of oil left on the natural nail plate.