32 Multiple choice questions
- What are the basic steps to properly disinfect a foot spa after each pedicure service?
- Scaly feet commonly require ______ treatment in the salon.
- If a client drifts off during a pedicure, it is recommended that you __________.
- Which massage technique is used most with a pedicure?
- Metal implement with a grooved edge used for filing and smoothing the edges of the nail plate.
a client books a standard pedicure and you discover that the feet are
in unusually bad condition and you will require more time than was
scheduled, it is recommended that you __________.
rubber or cotton disposable materials used to keep toes apart while
polishing the nails. A new set must be used on each client.
- "paddle"; large, abrasive file used to smooth and reduce thicker areas of callus.
- How long are masks typically left on the client's skin?
- A paraffin bath _______.
- A metal implement with a grooved edge that is used for filing and smoothing the edges of the nail plate.
- Massage given during manicures and pedicures focuses on _______.
- Products designed to soften and smooth thickened tissue.
containing gentle soaps, moisturizers, and other additives that are
used in a pedicure bath to cleanse and soften the skin
- Exfoliating scrubs help reduce _______.
unique method of applying pressure with thumb and index fingers to the
hands and feet, and it has demonstrated health benefits.
weekly maintenance procedure for a pipe-less foot spa requires the
disinfectant solution to remain in the foot spa for how long?
- What should never be placed in the foot bath with the client's feet?
- Who bears the responsibility for ensuring that proper disinfection of the pedicure bath occurs?
small, scoop-shaped implement used for more efficient removal of debris
from the nail folds, eponychium, and hyponychium areas.
- Clients should be warned not to shave their legs _______ before a pedicure.
- The best type of ______ have jaws that are straight and come to a point.
- Reflexology practitioners believe that pressing certain reflex points on the feet _______.
- Some improvements in the feet require more than one appointment in services referred to as a ______.
- Electric foot mitts _______
implements that are larger than fingernail clippers and have a curved
or straight jaw, specifically designed for cutting toenails.
- In order to be on time, you must be polishing ______ after beginning a one-hour pedicure.
- Repeated exposure to pedicure water can cause _______.
lotions that contain a mild, gritty-like abrasive and moisturizers to
help in removing dry, flaky skin and reduce calluses
- The chair a cosmetologist uses when performing a pedicure ________.
- When performing a pedicure, you should grasp the foot between your thumb and fingers at the _______.
cosmetic service performed on the feet by a licensed cosmetologist or
nail technician; can include exfoliating the skin, callus reduction, as
well as trimming, shaping, and polishing toenails. Often includes foot