30 Multiple choice questions
- The condition known as hirsuties causes _______.
- What method of hair removal is especially popular in Eastern cultures?
- An epilator removes the hair from _______.
- If hot wax lands on the client in an area you do not wish to treat, you should remove it with __________.
- Permanent hair removal treatment in which a laser beam is pulsed on the skin, impairing the hair growth.
- Photoepilation can _________.
- Substance used to remove hair by pulling it out of the follicle.
- The natural arch of the eyebrow follows the ________.
hair removal method that involves twisting and rolling cotton thread
along the surface of the skin, entwining the hair in the thread, and
lifting it from the follicle.
- Which method of hair removal temporarily removes superfluous hair by dissolving it at the skin surface level?
growth of an unusual amount of hair on parts of the body normally
bearing only downy hair, such as the faces of women or the backs of men.
- What is the appropriate hair removal procedure for a client's underarms?
- In the nape area, the most common form of hair removal is usually performed using _______.
- A waxing technique that requires the removal of all the hair from the front and the back of the bikini area.
- If redness or swelling occurs after a waxing treatment, soothe the skin with the application of _______ and cool compresses.
- Temporary hair removal method that involves the use of a thick, sugar-based paste.
- Electrolysis involves the administration of an electric current with a _______.
- Condition pertaining to an excessive growth or cover of hair, especially in women.
- When hot wax is ready to be applied to the skin it should _______.
- An absolute requirement for laser hair removal is that the hair being removed must be _________.
- What is the recommended time between waxing?
questionnaire that discloses all medications, both topical and oral,
along with any known skin disorders or allergies that might affect
pulsed light"; permanent hair removal treatment that uses intense light
to destroy the growth cells of the hair follicles.
- Using tweezers to remove hairs.
- If hair is more than ______ long, it should be trimmed before waxing.
- During the client consultation, all clients should complete a questionnaire that discloses ________ medications.
- Removal of hair by means of an electric current that destroys the root of the hair.
- An advantage of sugar waxing is that it can be used to remove hair as short as _______ long.
- When performing a patch test for a depilatory, how long should you leave it on the skin?
usually a caustic alkali preparation, used for the temporary removal of
superfluous hair by dissolving it at the skin surface level.