35 Multiple choice questions
- When shampooing a wig, it is recommended that you avoid shampoos that have a ______.
- When performing a haircutting procedure on a wig, the goal generally is to make the wig _______.
that has openings in the base through which the client's own hair is
pulled to blend with the hair (natural or synthetic) of the hairpiece.
- Wigs constructed of elasticized, mesh-fiber bases to which the hair is attached.
hair colors used on wigs and hairpieces are standardized according to
the ______ colors on the hair color ring used by wig and hairpiece
- Indian hair is usually ______.
- A hair wrap is secured to the client's own hair with ______.
method in which hair extensions are secured to client's own hair by
sewing braids or a weft onto an on-the-scalp braid or cornrow, which is
sometimes called the track.
that has been shed from the head or gathered from a hairbrush, as
opposed to hair that has been cut; the cuticles of the strands will move
in different directions.
- What is the fastest way to determine whether a strand of hair is synthetic?
- The _______ is a sewing stitch is which the thread is wound around the needle twice.
- Traditionally, brushes made with ______ bristles have been regarded as best for use on human hair.
form, usually made of canvas-covered cork or styrofoam, on which the
wig is secured for fitting, cleaning, coloring, and styling.
- When cutting a wig using a free-form method, move from longer to shorter lengths, working _______.
- When bonding, it is recommended that you work _____ away from the hairline to keep the wefts from showing.
- Wigs constructed with a combination of synthetic hair and hand-tied human hair.
of attaching extensions in which extension hair is bonded to the
client's own hair with a bonding material that is activated by heat from
a special tool.
- To use a linking method of attachment, the natural hair should be at least how long?
- When using heat on human hair, you should set the styling tool on _____.
- What is a disadvantage of synthetic hair?
- "hand-knotted wigs"; wigs made by inserting individual strands of hair into mesh foundations and knotting them with a needle.
- Small wig used to cover the top or crown of the head, or a hair attachment of some sort.
- Long strips of human or artificial hair with a threaded edge.
- The fusion method of extensions requires that the bonding material be activated with _____.
- When styling a wig, it is recommended that you __________.
- Artificial covering for the head consisting of a network of interwoven hair.
made by matching by feeding wefts through a sewing machine, and then
sewing them together to form the base and shape of the wig.
hair" ; the root end of every single strand is sewn into the base, so
that the cuticles of all hair strands move in the same direction: down.
- Hair additions that are secured to the base of the client's natural hair in order to add length, volume, texture, or color.
- Which method of construction is typically least expensive?
- When sewing on an extension using the braid-and-sew attachment method, it is recommended that you do NOT use a ______ needle.
- Method of attaching hair extensions in which hair wefts or single strands are attached with an adhesive or bonding agent.
- Small wig used to cover the top or crown of the head.
- The _______ involves attaching hair wefts or single strands with an adhesive or glue.
machine-made from human or artificial hair which is woven into rows of
wefts. Wefts are sewn to elastic strips in a circular pattern to fit the