18 Multiple choice questions
- Who introduced the first permanent hair color and founded Clairol?
- Who invented the curling iron?
- During the _______, women commonly used henna to add color to their lips and cheeks.
- What was Madame C. J. Walker's real name?
order to get experience providing hairstyling services on film and TV
sets, you should be prepared to ______ for a period of time.
- Who is credited with coining the term "day spa"?
- Who was the beauty icon that turned the hairstyling world on its ear with revolutionary geometric cuts?
- Who were the first to cultivate beauty in an extravagant fashion?
- To be a successful salon manager, you must have an aptitude for math and accounting and understand ______.
- In ancient Rome, hair color was used by women to indicate what?
- During the Middle Ages, where did women wear colored makeup?
- What did women do during the Renaissance to look more intelligent?
______ provides a connection between salons and their staff and the
rest of the beauty industry by providing information about new products,
new trends, and new techniques.
art and science of beautifying and improving the skin, nails, and hair
and includes the study of cosmetics and their application.
2003, ______ introduced the first consumer-oriented DVD to the
professional salon industry in order to speak directly to the consumer.
- When do archaeologists believe that the practices of haircutting and hairstyling began?
- Who produced and sold makeup to movie stars that would not cake or crack under hot movie lights?
were the first to infuse essential oils from the leaves, bark, and
blossoms of plants for use as perfumes and for purification purposes?