18 Matching questions
- Situational Theories:
- Leadership Principals
- Leadership by Attention
- What do Correctional Administrators do?
- Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs
- Collaborative Leadership
- Leadership Traits
- Behavioral Theories:
- Contingency Theories:
- Six Leadership Styles
- Relationship Theories:
- Great Man Theories:
- Trait Theories:
- Practical Applications of Leadership
- Exemplary Leadership
- Participative Theories:
- Difference between a Manager & Administrator?
- Management Theories:
- a Managers "manage" facility -----WHILE----- Admins writes duties and make sure managers do their job.
- b Exemplary Leadership
Six Leadership Styles
Leadership by Attention
- c Matching the RIGHT person to the RIGHT job.
- d qualities that "great" men were born with
- e personal vision, personal leadership
personal management, interpersonal leadership, empathic communication, creative cooperation, self renewal.
- f degree where Leaders includes FOLLOWERS
- g Self-Actualization (Finally reach S.A - desire of personal growth and fulfillment.
Esteem (which gains esteem, where they desire recognition and reputation)
Belonging and Love (Then move up with needs of belonging and love)
Safety ( Then focus on safety needs of stability, law, protection, and order)
Physiological (everyone begins with a desire to meet physio. needs for good health, food, sleep)
- h "what gets attention gets done" things that NEED to get accomplished and reinforced.
- i leaders were born with inherent traits
- j Different situations requires different leadership
- k working together
- l What leaders actually DO... their ROLES
- m 8 of them
- n how the transaction between the leader and the follower are managed.
- o - ( MODEL a way, challenge process)
- p 1. Coercive leaders who demand immediate compliance
2. Authoritative leaders who mobilize people toward a vision
3. Leaders who create emotional bonds
4. Democratic leaders who build consensus through participation
5. Pace setting leaders who expect excellence and self-direction
6. Coaching leaders who develop people for the future.
- q Manage and Lead
- r Transactional - leaders motivates followers
Transformational - leaders EMPOWER followers