126 Matching questions
- Deviate Sexual Intercourse
- Human Trafficking
- Sadomasochistic abuse
- The Sexual Battery Victims' Access to Services Act
- Sexual performance
- Acts; Omissions
- Child Victim; Intellectually Disabled
- Robbery by Sudden Snatching
- Homeless status
- Missing Endangered
Persons Information Clearinghouse
- medical examiner (ME)
- Advanced age
- Home Invasion Robbery
- Child Neglect
- Outcry Witness
- Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking
- Human Smuggling
- Joint possession
- Sexual intercourse
- Lewd or Lascivious Molestation
- Mentally Defective
- Newborn Infant
- In The Presence of
- Child Abuse
- Culpable Negligence
- Constructive possession
- Aggravated Battery
- Vulnerable Adult
- Mentally Incapacitated
- Credible Threat
- False Imprisonment
- Felony Battery
- Sudden Unexpected Infant Death
- The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- missing and endangered person
- Florida's Safe Harbor Act
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome
- Schedule I
- Interference With Custody
- Video Voyeurism
- Lewd or Lascivious Conduct
- Lewd or Lascivious Battery
- Lewd or Lascivious Exhibition
- Trafficking Victims Protection Reauthorization Act
- Person authorized
- Illegal Alien
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organization
- Disabled Adult
- Schedule V
- Aggravated Stalking
- algor mortis
- Video Voyeurism Dissemination
- Child Abduction Response Team
- Aggravated Child Abuse
- Deadly Weapon
- Actual possession
- Sexual bestiality
- Imaging Device
- Deliver or delivery
- Silver Alert
- Sexual Battery
- Runaways; Throwaways
- Corporal Discipline
- Juvenile Sexual Offender
- 13th Amendment
- Chief Judge
- Stockholm Syndrome
- Body; Location(s)
- Natural, Accidental, and Criminal.
- Legal custody
- Sexual conduct
- rigor mortis
- Victim's Rights
- hate crime
- Sexual battery
- Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
- a Document that the victim was less than 18 years of age to establish probable cause for ___ without bodily harm. The suspect was a caregiver for the victim and willfully, or by culpable negligence, failed or omitted to provide the victim with the care, supervision, and services necessary to maintain the victim's physical or mental health, or failed to make a reasonable effort to protect the victim from abuse, neglect, or exploitation by another person.
- b To
establish probable cause for ___, document that the victim was less
than 18 years of age and the suspect did any of the following acts:
• committed aggravated battery upon the victim
• willfully tortured the victim
• maliciously punished the victim
• willfully and unlawfully caged the victim
• knowingly or willfully committed child abuse upon the victim and in so doing caused great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement, or uses a deadly weapon
- c DMST stands for ___.
- d ___ is the exploitation of authority or the use of bribes, threats of force, or intimidation to gain cooperation or compliance.
- e ___ is consciously doing an act or following a course of conduct the suspect must have known, or reasonably should have known, was likely to cause death or great bodily harm.
- f ___ is electronically transmitting a visual image with the intent that another person views it.
- g means an owner or lessee, or his or her agent, or any law
enforcement officer whose agency has received written authorization from the owner or
lessee, or his or her agent, to communicate an order to depart the property in case of a
threat to public safety or welfare.
- h A ___ is a child 12 years of age or younger who is alleged to have committed a violation of sexual battery, prostitution, lewdness, indecent exposure, abuse of a child, obscenity, or any violation of law or delinquent act involving juvenile sexual abuse.
- i means to transfer or deliver something to another person in exchange for money or something of value
or a promise of money or something of value.
- j ___ behavior favorable toward or empathetic to their captors.
- k The ___ provides that neither slavery nor involuntary servitude shall exist on U.S. soil.
- l Florida has a reputation as a ___ state with a large population of elderly people.
- m ___ is a parent, adult household member, or other person responsible for a child's welfare.
- n ___ is a court order which requires a person to do or refrain from doing specific acts
- o ___ occurs when a person intentionally touches in a lewd or lascivious manner the breasts, genitals, genital area, or buttocks, or the clothing covering them, of a person less than 16 years of age, or forces or entices a person less than 16 years of age to touch the offender so.
- p In a sexual battery, consider the existence of at least two crime scenes; one is the ___ of the victim and the other is the ___ of the sexual battery.
- q SIDS stands for ___.
- r ____ is the sudden and unexpected death of an infant
due to natural or unnatural causes. Unnatural causes can include suffocation (asphyxia), drowning, electrocution, hyperthermia, hypothermia, carbon monoxide poisoning, and homicide. These causes of infant death can be easily overlooked at first; however, they can be explained after a careful and thorough investigation.
- s ___ violence means two incidences of violence or stalking, committed by the suspect, one of which must
have been within six months of the filing of the petition, and directed against the victim or the victim's
immediate family member.
- t ___ is the color change due to settling of blood according to gravity
- u means to have personal charge of or exercise the right of ownership, management, or control over
the thing possessed. Possession may be actual or constructive.
- v A ___ is any motor vehicle, ship, vessel, railroad car, trailer, aircraft, or sleeping car.
- w ___ is oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another or the anal or vaginal penetration of another by any other object; however, ___ does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.
- x A ___ is an aggravation of a crime by selecting a victim based on prejudice.
- y To establish probable cause for ___, document that the suspect intentionally touched or struck the victim against his or her will, or the suspect intentionally caused bodily harm to the victim. In addition, document that while committing the act, the suspect intentionally or knowingly caused great bodily harm, permanent disability, permanent disfigurement, or used a deadly weapon.
- z An ___ is any person who is not a United States citizen.
- aa Most teens on the street are at risk to traffickers who lure them into prostitution and sex
trafficking within ___ hours of leaving home.
- ab means the actual, constructive, or attempted transfer from one person to another of a
controlled substance, whether or not there is an agency relationship.
- ac ___ means contact.
- ad ___ is flagellation or torture by or upon a person, or the condition of being fettered, bound, or otherwise physically
restrained, for the purpose of deriving sexual satisfaction from inflicting harm on another or receiving such harm oneself.
- ae ___ occurs when the suspect, without lawful authority, knowingly or recklessly takes or entices any child less than 18 years of age from the custody of its parent, guardian, or other lawful custodian. Concealing or removing minors from the state with full knowledge of a court order is also interference with custody. The suspect must have knowledge of the court order or receive notice of the pending proceeding.
- af Provide the victim of assault or battery the ___ packet, which explains options for problem resolution or a possible course of action.
- ag Abuse of a child includes ___ or ___.
- ah ___
occurs when a minor who uses a computer or any electronic device, such
as cell phones, to transmit or distribute a nude photograph or video to
another minor regardless of whether the minors consented to the
- ai ___ is the postmortem cooling of the body
- aj A ___ is any one of the following:
• missing child, younger than 18 years old
• missing adult, younger than 26 years old
• missing adult, older than 26 years and believed to be in danger or the victim of
• missing adult, older than 18 years that meets the criteria for a Silver Alert
- ak ___ means the victim saw, heard, or otherwise sensed the act was taking place.
- al A ___ occurs when a suspect takes property from a person by using force, violence, or assault. The suspect places the victim in fear, with the intent to deprive the victim, permanently or temporarily, of his or her right to the property, appropriating the property of the victim to the suspect's own use, or to the use of any person not entitled to it. This is a theft plus violence.
- am ___ is any performance or part of the performance, which includes sexual conduct by a child less than 18 years of age.
- an There are three broad categories of causes of death: ____, ___, and ___.
- ao To establish probable cause for ___, document that the suspect willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly, followed, harassed, or cyber-stalked the victim, and the suspect made a credible threat with the intent to place the victim in reasonable fear of death or bodily injury.
- ap ___ describes a person suffering from a mental disease or defect that renders that person temporarily or permanently incapable of appraising the nature of his or her conduct.
- aq ___ is a threat made with the intent to cause the person, who is the target of the threat, to fear for his or her safety, the safety of family members, or that of the individuals closely associated with the victim. The threat must be to cause bodily injury to or end the life of a person.
- ar ___ occurs when the suspect commits an act upon and/or with the victim, in which the sexual organ of the suspect or victim penetrated or had union with the anus, vagina, and/or mouth of the victim and/or suspect. Alternatively, the suspect commits an act upon the victim in which an object penetrates the anus or vagina of the victim.
- as ___ can be any of the following:
• sprain, dislocation, or cartilage damage, bone or skull fracture, brain or spinal cord damage, intracranial hemorrhage, or injury to another internal organ
• asphyxiation, suffocation, or drowning
• injury resulting from the use of a deadly weapon
• burns or scalding, cuts, lacerations, punctures, or bites
• permanent or temporary disfigurement, permanent or temporary loss or
impairment of a body part or function
- at ___ is any behavior that targets a specific person and causes that person substantial emotional distress, and serves no legitimate purpose.
- au ___
occurs when a person intentionally masturbates, exposes the genitals in
a lewd or lascivious manner, or commits any other sexual act that does
not involve actual physical or sexual contact with the victim. This
includes, but is not limited to, sadomasochistic abuse, sexual
bestiality, or the simulation of any act involving sexual activity in
the presence of a victim who is less than 16 years of age. Doing any of
these acts live over a computer online service, internet service, or
local bulletin board service is also lewd or lascivious exhibition, if
the offender knows or should know or has reason to believe the
transmission is viewed on a computer or television monitor by a victim in Florida who is less than 16 years
- av To establish probable cause for ___, document that the suspect transported into this state an individual who the suspect knows, or should know, is illegally entering the United States from another country.
- aw An ___ involves verbal threats without physical contact.
- ax is a substance, compound, or mixture
that has a high potential for abuse and has no currently accepted medical use.
- ay RICO stands for ___.
- az The ___ enforces United States laws, including federal immigration laws and regulations. They perform computer forensics examinations and investigates smuggling, trafficking, fraud, money laundering, and narcotics trafficking cases as well as domestic and international criminal activities occurring on or facilitated by the internet. They can, also, determine the true immigration status of victims, witnesses, and offenders and can aid in the detection of travel and identity document fraud.
- ba ___ is the stiffening of body muscles after death
- bb ___ means to procure, manufacture, issue, sell, give, provide, lend, mail, deliver, transfer, transmute, publish, distribute, circulate, disseminate, present, exhibit, or advertise or to offer or agree to do the same.
- bc Only a ___ can
make a final determination after the completion of his or her investigation, as to the cause or manner of death.
- bd ___ is any play, motion picture, photograph, or dance or any other visual representation exhibited before an audience or just one person.
- be When establishing probable cause for ___, document whether the suspect willfully, maliciously, and repeatedly followed, harassed, or cyber-stalked the victim.
- bf is the classification
for a substance, compound, or mixture that has a low potential for abuse and has a currently accepted medical
use, though abuse may lead to physical or psychological dependence.
- bg NCMEC stands for ___.
- bh To establish probable cause for ___, document whether the suspect
• intentionally used or installed an imaging device to secretly view, broadcast, or record the victim for his or her own amusement, entertainment, sexual arousal, gratification, for profit, or for the purpose of degrading or abusing the victim, or
• intentionally permitted the use or installation of an imaging device to secretly view, broadcast, or record the victim for the amusement, entertainment, sexual arousal, gratification, or profit of another or on behalf of another, or
• use of the imaging device was for the
- bi ___ is any of the following:
• actual or simulated sexual intercourse, deviate sexual intercourse, sexual bestiality, masturbation, or sadomasochistic abuse
• actual lewd exhibition of the genitals
• actual physical contact with a person's clothed or unclothed genitals, pubic area, buttocks, or, if such person is a female, breast, with the intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of either party
• any act or conduct that constitutes sexual battery or simulates that sexual battery is being or will be committed (Pg. 276)
- bj An ___ is a foreign national who entered the United States without inspection at a border crossing or airport, with fraudulent documents, or legally as a nonimmigrant, but then violated that status and remained without authority.
- bk A ___ is a person 18 years of age or older who suffers from a condition of physical or mental incapacitation due to a developmental disability, organic brain damage or mental illness, or who has one or more physical or mental limitations that restrict the person's ability to perform the normal activities of daily living.
- bl ___ occurs when a person intentionally touches a person less than 16 years of age in a lewd or lascivious manner, or solicits a person less than 16 years of age to commit a lewd or lascivious act.
- bm A ___ is any kind of building, either temporary or permanent, that has a roof over it, including the enclosed space of ground and outbuildings immediately surrounding it.
- bn means the controlled substances is in the hand of or on the suspect, or in a container in
the hand of or on the suspect, or so close as to be within ready reach and is under the control of the suspect.
Mere proximity to a controlled substance is not sufficient to establish possession over the substance when it is
not in a place over which the suspect has control.
- bo TVPRA stands for ___.
- bp A ___ is a child whom a licensed physician reasonably believes to be approximately seven days old or younger.
- bq To establish probable cause for ___, document that the suspect took the money or property from the person of the victim and in the course of the taking, the victim was or became aware of the taking.
- br The ___ in your judicial district has set guidelines and limits on interviewing child abuse or sexual abuse victims who are less than 16 years of age.
- bs ___ violence means any one incident of sexual battery (a lewd or lascivious act committed on or in the
presence of someone younger than16 years of age). This includes luring or enticing a child, sexual performance
by a child, or any other forcible felony where a sexual act is committed or attempted, regardless of whether
the state attorney filed, reduced, or dismissed the criminal charges based on the incident.
- bt A weapon is a ___ if the suspect uses or threatens to use it in a way likely to cause death or great bodily harm.
- bu A ___ is any kind of temporary or permanent building or conveyance (such as a car); it can be mobile or immobile.
- bv ___ addresses the growing number of children who are at risk of sexual exploitation.
- bw ___ is an offense against the integrity of the United States borders. It is transportation based, whereas trafficking is exploitation based. It is typically a short-term "business relationship" and may be a part of a human trafficking scheme whereas trafficking is a long-term, ongoing captivity and subjugation of victims.
- bx Prohibited computer transmissions of sexual acts live over a computer online service, internet service, or local
bulletin board service are also lewd or lascivious exhibition, if the offender knows, should know, or has reason to believe that a victim in Florida who is less than ___ years of age views the transmission on a computer or
- by CART stands for ___.
- bz There is a statutory limit on the number of interviews that you can conduct with a ___ or a person who is ___.
- ca means the production, preparation, packaging, labeling or relabeling, propagation,
compounding, cultivating, growing, conversion or processing of a controlled substance, either directly or
indirectly. Manufacturing can be by extraction from substances of natural origin, or independently by means
of chemical synthesis. It can also be by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis.
- cb ___ is harassment communicated through words or images by using email or other electronic forms of communication.
- cc A ___ moves violence into the realm of physical contact, which is more dangerous to the victim.
- cd ___ is a situation in which the parent or legal custodian of a child or, in the absence of a parent or legal custodian, the caregiver, while being able, has made no significant contribution to the child's care and maintenance or has failed to establish or maintain a substantial and positive relationship with the child, or both.
- ce When it does not cause harm to the child, reasonable ___ of a child by a parent or legal custodian for disciplinary purposes is not abuse.
- cf If someone confines a child who is younger than ___ without the consent of the parent or guardian, that confinement is against the child's will.
- cg ___ involves engaging in sexual activity with a person 12 years of age or older but less than 16 years of age; or encouraging, forcing, or enticing any person less than 16 years of age to engage in sadomasochistic abuse, sexual bestiality, prostitution, or any other act involving sexual activity.
- ch ___ is a robbery that occurs within the victim's dwelling while the victim is present and aware that a robbery is taking place. This is often confused with burglary to an occupied residence or vacant residence, which differs in that there is no use or threat of violence against the occupant.
- ci A ___ is a person 18 years of age or older whose ability to perform the normal activities of daily living or to provide for his or her own care or protection is impaired due to a mental, emotional, sensory, long-term physical, or developmental disability or dysfunction, brain damage, or the infirmities of aging.
- cj ___
can be caused by choking, constriction of the chest or abdomen,
strangulation, narrowing of the airways due to an allergic reaction or
some other disorder, inhalation of toxic gases, immersion in water,
wedging or entrapment, or neck compression.
- ck ___
means the victim lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime
residence or has a primary nighttime residence that is either a
supervised publicly or privately operated shelter designed to provide
temporary living accommodations, or a
public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as, a regular sleeping
accommodation for people.
- cl ___ is:
• a legal status created by a court, which appoints a person a custodian or guardian, whether an agency or an individual
• the right to have physical custody of the child and the right and duty to protect, nurture, guide, and discipline the child
• the right to provide the child with food, shelter, education, and ordinary medical, dental, psychiatric, and psychological care
- cm "___" is knowingly, intentionally, and purposefully.
- cn To establish probable cause for ___, document that the suspect actually and intentionally touched or struck the victim against his or her will and that the suspect caused the victim great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement.
- co ___ exists when two participants operate with the same level of power in a relationship, no control, or coercion by either party.
- cp When establishing probable cause for ___, document that the suspect:
• intentionally used or installed an imaging device to secretly view, broadcast, or record the victim for his or her own amusement, entertainment, sexual arousal,
gratification, profit, or for the purpose of degrading or abusing the victim,
• intentionally permitted the use or installation of an imaging device to secretly view, broadcast, or record the victim for the amusement, entertainment, sexual
arousal, gratification, or profit of another or on behalf of another, or
• viewed the body of or the undergarments worn by the victim by using an
- cq ___ is the robbing of a person of his or her vehicle by the use of force, violence, assault, or by putting them in fear during the course of the robbery.
- cr ___ includes false or deceptive offers of employment, marriage, or a better life.
- cs ___ violence is violence between individuals who have or have had a continuing and significant relationship of a romantic or intimate nature.
- ct ___ is the explicit depiction of sexual conduct, which creates the appearance of such conduct, and exhibits any uncovered portion of the breasts, genitals, or buttocks.
- cu An ___ person is a person 60 years of age or older who is suffering from the infirmities of aging as showed by advanced age or organic brain damage, or other physical, mental, sensory, or emotional dysfunction, to the extent the ability of the person to provide adequately for the person's own care or protection is impaired.
- cv ___ is any location providing day or residential care or treatment for elderly persons or disabled adults. It may include, but is not limited to, any hospital, training center, state institution, nursing home, assisted living facility, adult family-care home, adult day care center, group home, mental health treatment center, or continuing care community.
- cw MEPIC stands for ___.
- cx According to National Incidence Studies of Missing, Abducted, Runaway, and Throwaway Children, the greatest risk group of children are ___ and ___.
- cy ___ occurs when the suspect forcibly, by threat, or secretly
confines, abducts, imprisons, or restrains another person without lawful authority and against his or her will with any purpose other than those referred to in kidnapping.
- cz ___ injury is an injury to the intellectual or psychological capacity of a child as evidenced by a discernible and substantial impairment in the ability to function within the normal range of performance and behavior.
- da means two or more suspects may jointly possess an article, exercising control over it. In that
case, each of those suspects is in possession of that article.
- db To
establish probable cause for ___, document that the suspect knowingly,
or in reckless disregard of the facts, engages in, or attempts to engage
in, or benefits
financially by receiving anything of value from participation in a venture that has subjected a person to human trafficking. The victim can be an unauthorized alien or a United States citizen. The suspect uses coercion for labor, services, or commercial sexual activity.
- dc ___ is any sexual act between a person and an animal involving the sex organ of the one and the mouth, anus, or vagina of the other.
- dd ___ is physical violence that may include beatings, sexual battery, shootings, or physical confinement.
- de The statewide ___ is a plan to aid local law enforcement in the rescue or recovery of a missing adult who suffers from irreversible deterioration of intellectual faculties.
- df To
establish probable cause for ___, document that the victim was less
than 18 years of age and the suspect knowingly or willfully:
• inflicted physical or mental injury upon the child victim
• committed an intentional act that could reasonably be expected to result in physical or mental injury to the child victim
• actively encouraged another person to commit an act that resulted in or could reasonably have been expected to result in physical or mental injury upon the child victim
- dg An ___ is any mechanical, digital, electronic viewing device; still camera, camcorder, or motion picture camera; or any other instrument, equipment, or format capable of recording, storing, or transmitting visual images of another person.
- dh ___ is sexual conduct between people not married to each other consisting of contact between the penis and the anus, the mouth and the penis, or the mouth and the vulva.
- di means the controlled substance is in a place over which the suspect has control, or
in which the suspect has concealed it.
- dj "___" is:
• wrongful, intentional, and without legal justification or excuse;
• established by circumstances from which one could conclude that a reasonable parent would not have engaged in the damaging acts toward the child for any valid reason; and
• when the primary purpose of the acts was to cause the victim unjustifiable pain or injury
- dk ___ injury is death, permanent or temporary disfigurement, or impairment of any body part.
- dl ___ is the penetration of the female sex organ by the male sex organ. Ejaculation is not necessary.
- dm The ___ is the first person the child told about the abuse.
- dn ___ is the process of the local court recognizing and adopting an out-of-state or county court order to be in effect within the local jurisdiction through a petition process.
- do ___ means the victim is older than 65 years of age.
- dp If the victim of the assault, aggravated assault, battery or aggravated battery is ___ years of age or older, the degree
of the offense will change.
- dq ___ provides victims of sexual battery access to crisis-intervention and recovery services, advocacy, and medical intervention.
- dr When establishing probable cause for ___, document that the suspect secretly observed the victim and committed the alleged act with a lewd, lascivious, indecent intent. When the suspect was observing the victim, the victim was in a dwelling, structure, or conveyance in which he or she had a reasonable expectation of privacy.
- ds ___ means that a person is temporarily incapable of appraising or controlling his or her conduct due to the influence of a narcotic, anesthetic, or intoxicating substance administered to that person without his or her consent, or due to any other act committed upon that person without his or her consent.
- dt ___ is any willful act or threatened act that results in any physical, mental, or sexual injury or harm that causes or is likely to cause the child's physical, mental, or emotional health to be significantly impaired.
- du An ___ is a court order, which requires a person to do or avoid doing specific acts.
- dv ___ is an offense against a person. It is often a financially based business that exploits cheap labor.