99 Matching questions
- To establish probable cause for __________, document that the suspect's actions disturbed a person. This is synonymous with disorderly conduct.
- Select ALL of the TRUE statements that apply to dealing with a victim of a hate crime.
- To establish probable cause for __________, document that the suspect was intoxicated, endangering the safety of another person or property, in a public place or conveyance, and causing a public disturbance.
- In a(n) __________ situation, present (to the victim) the "Notice of Legal Rights and Remedies for Victims of Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Repeat Violence, Sexual Violence, Stalking" brochure as per 741.29, F.S.
- Disorderly conduct that corrupts public morals, outrages public sense of decency, or affects the peace and quiet of people who may witness it __________ probable cause for an arrest for breach of peace or disorderly conduct.
- If you do not make an arrest in a domestic violence incident, you are required to document the incident, as stated in s. 741.29, F.S., indicating in a full report why you _________.
- If evidence at the scene and the facts of the case show that prejudice or discrimination motivated a crime,
- If you do not make an arrest in a domestic violence incident and the parties reengage in violence and injury occurs, ______________ assume a certain amount of liability.
- By comparing all information obtained and then looking for inconsistencies and untruths (at a domestic violence call), you should be able to identify the _______________ in almost all incidents that involve two or more combatants.
- The Florida Department of __________ Affairs can provide an email alert notification through the Aging Services Network, which includes area agencies on aging, community-care lead agencies, providers, and volunteers.
- The standardized criteria for initiating the Florida Silver Alert Plan are as follows: The missing person must be __________ years or older, there must be a clear indication the individual has an irreversible deterioration of intellectual faculties (e.g., dementia), and law enforcement must verify this information, or, under extraordinary circumstances, when a person 18 to __________ has irreversible deterioration of intellectual faculties, law enforcement has determined the missing person lacks the capacity to consent, and the use of dynamic message signs may be the only possible way to rescue the missing person.
- When determining bail for a suspect of domestic or dating violence, the court will consider the safety of the victim, ______________, and any other person who may be in danger if the court releases the defendant.
- Although an injunction is a civil action, it has _______________ implications that are enforceable by law.
- A missing child is a person younger than __________ years of age whose temporary or permanent residence is in, or believed to be, in this state. The missing child's location has not been determined and someone reported the child as missing to a law enforcement agency.
- To activate the Florida AMBER Plan,
- You may need to contact __________ if you determine that the home (of a domestic violence incident) is not safe for the children, or if you decide to arrest both combatants.
- Statements the suspect makes to the victim and witnesses while committing the crime, graffiti drawn at the scene, as well as other physical evidence found a the scene may
- If a call regarding a missing person seems to be a criminal abduction or if you suspect foul play, secure the area where someone last saw the person and __________.
- Project __________ is a plan that aids the victims and families suffering from Alzheimer's disease and disorders such as Down's syndrome and autism. It uses state-of-the-art technology, employing wristband transmitters to locate wandering and lost adults and children.
- A hate crime is any crime that is motivated by
- The Florida __________ Alert is a plan to aid local law enforcement in the rescue or recovery of a missing adult who suffers from irreversible deterioration of intellectual faculties. The plan recognizes the most effective response to a missing adult brings together community resources for the search to enhance the investigative response by the local law enforcement agency.
- Do not charge anyone with breaching an officer's peace, when
- One of the factors for determining dating violence is that
- The __________ works with law enforcement, families, and professionals who serve them on issues related to missing and sexually exploited children. It is a missing children hotline that serves as the national clearinghouse for information related to these issues.
- You __________ charge, prosecute, and/or penalize for possession of a controlled substance because a person acting in good faith seeks assistance for an individual experiencing a drug-related overdose.
- Drugs may be concealed in items such as
- To establish probable cause for __________, document that the suspect loitered or prowled in a place, at a time, or in a manner not usual for law-abiding individuals. This took place under circumstances that warranted justifiable and reasonable alarm or immediate concern for safety of people or property in the vicinity.
- Intoxication means more than
- Regardless of the outcome, Florida Statutes require you to document a domestic violence incident with a
- The difference between disorderly conduct and disorderly intoxication is the element of _______.
- Abuse of prescription drugs is on the rise, and suspects will ________, abuse pharmaceuticals, steal prescription pads, or deal in gray market drugs in order to meet their needs.
- If, after thorough investigation, you develop probable cause that a crime meeting the domestic violence criteria occurred was committed and the suspect is present,
- A hate crime is an aggregation of a crime by selecting a victim based on
- An officer responding to a domestic violence call should evaluate each party's statements separately to determine whether there is ______________ for arrest.
- For initiating the Florida Silver Alert Plan, law enforcement must meet what primary criteria for FDOT/FHP/FDLE dynamic message sign activation?
- Most employing agencies have _________ policies that make arrest mandatory if probable cause exists for a domestic violence crime.
- Which factors should an officer use to help identify the primary aggressor and make an arrest (in a domestic violence situation)?
- An agency can activate an AMBER Alert by calling the _______ Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse (MEPIC) at 1-888-FL-MISSING (356-4774).
- A(n) __________ search should include buildings and areas where someone last saw the missing person. Make sure the person is not inside the residence, especially when you are searching for children.
- You might assist with furthering the investigation of a missing or endangered person by being familiar with
- No law enforcement officer is liable in any civil action for
- The activation process of the Florida Silver Alert requires the local law enforcement agency to contact the __________ at 1-888-356-4774, and they will contact the __________ to activate the dynamic message signs.
- Make the same effort in locating and recovering
- You __________ arrest a minor for an open house party.
- Section 856.011, F.S., states that no person in the
- If you determine the circumstances of a custody dispute are civil in nature, maintain the status quo and document the incident on the ________________.
- Identify sources of illicit drugs in the United States.
- A missing and endangered person includes a missing adult, older than __________ years that meets the criteria for a Silver Alert.
- Criteria for CART activation are
- An Injunction for Protection Against __________ pursuant to s. 784.028(3), F.S., is for people who meet the stautory definition of family or household member who is the victim of domestic violence.
- When dispatched to a call regarding a missing person, the officer should
- An Injunction for Protection Against __________ pursuant to s. 784.0485, F.S., is for people who are the victims of stalking; Florida Statutes also help the parent or legal guardian of a minor child who is living at home who is seeking an injunction for protection against stalking.
- Law enforcement honors
- When dealing with a loitering and prowling incident, absent probable cause of some other offense, if the person voluntarily explains his or her presence and conduct, and the explanation __________, you must release the person without charge.
- A person with control of a residence where a house party occurs, who knows that alcoholic beverages or drugs are in the possession of or are being consumed by a minor at the residence, is in violation of
- Section 856.021, F.S. states that "it is unlawful for any person to ______________ in a place, at a time, or in a manner not usual for law-abiding individuals, under circumstances that warrant a justifiable and reasonable alarm or immediate concern for the safety of persons or property in the vicinity."
- An Injunction for Protection Against _________, pursuant to 784.046, F.S., is for persons who do not meet the statutory definition of family or household member, but who have been victims of at least two incidents of violence or stalking by the alleged abuser within the last six months.
- What common methods are used to transport illicit drugs?
- When dispatched to a call regarding a missing person, follow the __________ guidelines.
- To establish probable cause for the possession of a controlled substance, document that
- Intoxication means
- The purpose of the Florida __________ Plan is to broadcast critical information about a missing or abducted child, in a timely manner, to the public via radio, television, and the internet. Persons who see the child or abductor or have knowledge of the abduction can immediately provide information to the investigating law enforcement agency.
- In Florida, domestic violence is not a
- When arresting the suspect for an act of domestic or dating violence, the suspect must remain in custody until brought before the court for _________________.
- Select ALL of the TRUE statements that apply to following the Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse (MEPIC) guidelines.
- Section 741.28, F.S., defines domestic ____________ as "any assault, aggravated assault, battery, aggravated battery, sexual assault, sexual battery, stalking, aggravated stalking, kidnapping, false imprisonment, or any criminal offense resulting in physical injury or death of one family or household member by another family or household member."
- There is no criminal charge for a
- The fact that a person is out at odd hours, without showing any other suspicious activity, will not
- Sexual violence means any one incident of sexual battery (a lewd or lascivious act committed on or in the presence of someone younger than __________ years of age). This includes luring or enticing a child, sexual performance by a child, or any other forcible felony where a sexual act is committed or attempted, regardless of whether the state attorney filed, reduced, or dismissed the criminal charges based on the incident.
- A missing and endangered person includes a missing adult, younger than __________ years old and a missing adult, older than __________ years old and believed to be in danger or the victim of criminal activity.
- __________ means to have personal charge of or exercise the right of ownership, management, or control over the thing possessed. It may be actual or constructive
- When probable cause for arrest does not exist (at a domestic violence incident), and all the people involved in the incident are calm enough to be reasonable,
- Individuals known as __________ will conceal drugs on their person, often in balloons hidden in body cavities.
- Section 775.085, F.S. imposes stiffer penalties for crimes motivated
- Determining who the primary aggressor in a domestic violence incident can be done by analyzing the ___________ of the incident.
- The Florida __________ Alert Plan helps to provide law enforcement with the means to apprehend more quickly violent criminals who kill or seriously injure local, state, or federal law enforcement officers. It uses technologies employed by the Amber Alert Plan to notify the public of critical information. When a law enforcement officer has suffered serious bodily injury, is killed, or is missing while in the line of duty and the suspect poses an imminent threat to the public.
- The investigation of dating violence is
- Advanced age means the victim is older than __________ years of age.
- If a person is out at odd hours (without showing any other suspicious activity) and he or she does not flee,
- To establish probable cause for __________, document that the suspect was endangering the safety of another person or property, was in a public place or conveyance, and causing a public disturbance.
- The __________ consists of local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies and private sector partners. They agree to participate and work in conjunction with the FDLE Missing Endangered Persons Information Clearinghouse (MEPIC) to provide personnel and resources to assist in handling missing endangered child cases.
- A(n) ______________ is a social gathering at a residence that is legal unless minors consuming alcohol or drugs are present.
- An Injunction for Protection Against _________, pursuant to 784.046, F.S., is for the protection of a victim who has had a continuing and significant relationship of a romantic or intimate nature and the relationship has become violenct.
- To activate the Florida AMBER Plan, there must be a
- _______ possession means the controlled substance is in the hand of or on the suspect, or in a container in the hand or on the suspect, or so close as to be within ready reach and is under the control of the suspect.
- The primary reason drug activity is under-reported is the victims of the crimes are
- __________ means two incidences of violence or stalking, committed by the suspect, one of which must have been within six months of the filing of the petition, and directed against the victim or the victim's immediate family member. If you know the suspect is in violation of an existing injunction for protection against this, arrest the suspect based on the nature of the violation.
- __________ offers free assistance to law enforcement to aid in the recovery of missing persons including children, teens, and the elderly. It provides immediate neighborhood telephone alerts to the surrounding community. Law enforcement may use this option if the missing person's incident does not meet the criteria to issue an AMBER Alert.
- A __________ place is a place where the public has a right to be and to go.
- Except in rare circumstances, an officer should ________ only the primary aggressor and not a person who acted reasonably to protect or defend himself or herself, or another family or household member from domestic violence.
- __________ violence is violence between individuals who have or have had a continuing and significant relationship of a romantic or intimate nature.
- One of the factors for determining dating violence includes the existence of the relationship within the past __________.
- A person who simply curses at others or officers may
- If a person runs away after observing a law enforcement officer, refuses to identify or tries to conceal himself or herself or an object, that person may be loitering or ___________.
- If a situation involves a sexual battery, present (to the victim) the "Sexual Battery-Victim's __________" brochure from the Florida Council Against Sexual Violence, as per s. 794.052, F.S.
- When probable cause for arrest does not exist (at a domestic violence incident), what are some options you can discuss with the participants?
- An officer (in a domestic violence situation) should use all of the following factors to help identify the primary aggressor and make an arrest, EXCEPT for this one: ____________.
- __________ status means the victim lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence or has a primary nighttime residence that is either a supervised publicly or privately operated shelter designed to provide temporary living accommodations, or a public or private place not designed for, or ordinarily used as, a regular sleeping accommodation for people.
- When dispatched to a call regarding a missing person, determine the correct National Crime Information Center (NCIC) Missing Person File category and ensure entry within __________ hours of the report.
- a by or showing prejudice or discrimination.
- b detailed description of child, abductor, or the vehicle to broadcast to the public.
clear indication of abduction.
- c a bail determination
- d A Child is Missing, Inc.
- e breach of peace
- f 18
- g 60/59
- h two
- i runaway children as is devoted to abducted children.
- j similar to domestic violence.
- k written report.
- l may not
- m an arrest based on probable cause, enforcement of a court order, or service of process in good faith arising from an alleged incident of domestic violence.
- n identify the person's zone of safety for his or her age, developmental, physical, and mental state.
- o the frequency and type of interaction must occur over time and on a continuous basis during the course of the relationship.
the character of the relationship includes the expectation of affection or sexual involvement.
- p disorderly conduct
- q CART
- r the law enforcement agency's investigation must conclude the child's life is in danger.
- s prowling
- t NCMEC
- u FDLE
- v children in the home
- w merely being under the influence of an alcoholic beverage.
- x Lifesaver
- y the defendant must have been so affected from the drinking of an alcoholic beverage as to have lost or been deprived of the normal control of his or her body, mental faculties, or both.
- z Contact the nearest relatives to take care of personal issues if an arrest is made.
- aa Make an initial determination of the type of incident.
If applicable, obtain a description of any suspected abductors and other pertinent information.
Obtain a description of the missing person including photographs and videotapes.
Evaluate whether the circumstances of the child's disappearance meet AMBER, Silver, or Blue Alert criteria and other immediate community notification protocol, and discuss plan activation with your supervisor.
Provide continuous, detailed, descriptive information to the communications unit for broadcast updates as you obtain new information.
Record if the missing person has access to an online computer, cellular telephone, and pager.
Secure and safeguard the area as a potential crime scene.
Extend the search to surrounding areas including vehicles and other hidden places, and determine if surveillance or security cameras in the vicinity may have captured information about the disappearance; use additional resources to canvass the surrounding areas.
Review sex-offender registries to determine if any such individuals live, work, or associate within the area of the child's disapperance.
Continue to tell the communications unit about all appropriate developing information for broadcast updates.
Prepare necessary reports and complete appropriate forms.
- ab Silver
- ac Repeat violence
- ad state shall be intoxicated and endanger the safety of another person or property.
state shall be intoxicated or drink any alcoholic beverage in a public place or conveyance and cause a public disturbance.
- ae domestic violence
- af obtained from an elderly person's medicine cabinet
smuggled or diverted from legitimate sources
intercepted from legitimate sources
manufactured and cultivated in clandestine laboratories and grow houses
- ag not be arrested for disorderly conduct unless other factors are present that would threaten the safety of the officer or others.
- ah 6 months
- ai prejudice.
- aj Dating Violence
- ak establish proof the motivation was prejudice or discrimination, and therefore a hate crime.
- al Possession
- am 26/26
- an initial
- ao 26
- ap mules
- aq primary aggressor
- ar Domestic Violence
- as criminal charge.
- at public
- au allow the individual an opportunity to identify himself or herself and explain his or her presence and conduct.
- av Consider the emotional state, use of physical stature for intimidation, and fearfulness of involved parties.
Consider evidence or patterns of assault and coercion; include physical, sexual, and psychological abuse.
Compare the victim, witness, and suspect's statements.
Consider violent physical acts such as the following: Who damaged property? Who injured animals? Who ripped the phone from the wall? Does the injury fit the story of the person who claims self-defense?
- aw criminal
- ax the Department of Children and Family (DCF)
- ay arrest
- az Act professionally at all times.
The victim should be questioned sensitively.
Assure the victims of your professional interest in serving justice.
Remain discrete about requesting answers from distraught victims.
Never belittle or make light of any situation.
Remain vigilant in the execution of your duties.
Ask the victim if he or she knows the reason for the victimization.
- ba open house party
- bb public conveyances
U.S. Postal Service
- bc make an arrest.
- bd injunctions from another state or country (foreign), and can advise a victim to notify the local clerk of the court to re-issue the injunction in Florida if the victim is now residing in Florida.
- be control entry and exit points
- bf indicate in the report and the arrest affidavit that a hate crime has been committed so the state attorney's office can apply for the appropriate penalty enhancements.
- bg prejudice or discrimination.
- bh Repeat Violence
- bi Blue
- bj Stalking
- bk 65
- bl you are on duty.
- bm cannot
- bn dispels any alarms you have
- bo doctor shop
- bp is
- bq Homeless
- br totality of the circumstances
- bs the suspect possessed a certain substance, the substance was a controlled substance, and the suspect had knowledge of the presence of the substance.
- bt The difference between disorderly conduct and disorderly intoxication is the element of _______.
- bu warrant an arrest for loitering or prowling.
- bv pro-arrest
- bw Elder
- bx s. 856.015, F.S.
- by Rights and Services
- bz arranging for transportation or safe haven
seeking assistance from social service agencies
acting on information provided on handouts covering domestic and dating violence and injunctions
- ca AMBER
- cb hate crime.
- cc 16
- cd children's toys or other commodities.
- ce Dating
- cf Local law enforcement must verify vehicle and tag information.
Local law enforcement has already activated a local or regional alert by contacting a media outlet in their own and surrounding jurisdictions.
The law enforcement agency's investigation must conclude that the disappearance poses a credible threat to the person's welfare and safety.
There must be a description of the vehicle, and a tag number to display on the Florida Department of Transportation dynamic message signs.
There must be a clear indication of abduction.
A local law enforcement agency must have entered the missing person into the Florida Crime Information Center and issued a statewide BOLO to other law enforcement/911 centers.
- cg loiter or prowl
- ch MEPIC/FDOT
- ci loitering or prowling
- cj a missing, endangered, or abducted child.
- ck also party to illegal activity.
- cl bring them within hearing distance of each other to explain the options available.
- cm Actual
- cn violence
- co did not make an arrest
- cp MEPIC
- cq appropriate report
- cr the community and knowing the location of sexual offenders, if the missing person is a child.
by contacting dispatch with information gathered in the interviews to request a record check on the missing person.
by questioning the complainant, family members, friends, business associates, teachers, school resource officers, visitors, and workers who regularly or periodically come to the home, school, or place of employment.
- cs probable cause
- ct you and your agency
- cu disorderly intoxication