15 Matching questions
- Early adulthood
- racing thoughts
- the communication process
- Command presence
- interpersonal communication
- An effective communicator
- law enforcement profession as a whole
- a this is one method of managing or curing Mental Illness.
- b a slur or disparaging comment made by an officer can inflict emotional harm on the person who hears it.
It can also undermine the officer's reputation and the ______________,
- c Showing consideration, respect, and cooperation when interacting with others is considered:
- d is the understanding of one's own nature, character, abilities, motives, and limitations.
- e enables you to keep thoughts, verbal and nonverbal communications, and
emotional responses in check and on track to assessing a situation and completing a
- f a good _______ concentrates on what is said, focusing on the words, ideas, and important
information related to the subject.
- g is an officer's demeanor and confidence exhibited by personal
appearance, erect posture, alertness, and attention to surroundings. Command presence
is an officer's most valuable nonverbal tool, and you develop it through a combination
of training and self-confidence.
- h _______________ adjusts how he or she is speaking to accommodate the needs of the listener, always maintaining good eye contact.
- i refers to the people and locations that make up the neighborhoods,
institutions, and businesses in the area where you work.
- j Source, message, receiver, and feedback are all terms that describe:
- k these are part of what an officer may observe in a person having a manic episode.
- l skills that help an officer's primary function of
interacting with others to get them to act on or respond to a situation
- m this is when mental illness usually occurs if it is temporary
- n this is not directly related to Mental Illness
- o Breathing smoothly, deeply, and evenly in a stressful situation is a technique for: