18 Multiple choice questions
- here it means a chief architect who started or helped start an architecture firm.
- A 3D representation of an object drawn with the horizontal plane at 30° to the vertical plane.
- in perspective drawing the eye level is the same as the horizon line
scribbles or marks designed to show movement or action by flowing and
through the interior of a form or composition. Visual shorthand, often
used as a foundation for more extended drawing or to establish
paraline drawing of an axonometric projection with all lines parallel
to three principal axes drawn to scale (includes isometrics), any
diagonal or curved lines are distorted . Any pictorial graphic that
shows three faces of an object on one orthographic view may be
classified as an axonometric
architect that leads the firm or a teams of a architects on a project;
they are responsible for the final decisions in the design of a
- the American Institute of Architects; architects who are members of this organization often list the initials after their name.
- an in-depth study of one object or situation to help explain bigger ideas.
- the organization of elements in a pictorial space
- any drawing made to aid the visualization, exploration and evaluation of a concept; a drawing made during the design process
phenomenon where forms appear less distance as they recede in space
because of the greater density of the air between the viewer and the
- the components that make up a drawing, or design-line, shape, space, form, space, value, texture and color.
use of a common visual language, application of standard rules of
drawing for a specific purpose. In drawing architectural plan certain
types of lines always mean the same thing, such as dashed lines used to
represent object lines that are hidden from view.
- a line that follows the edge of the form, or travels across the surface, without shading or modeling the form.
- the shape of an object indication mass. the shapes used in abstract design.
building designed and constructed to have less negative impact on
natural resources and to have a greater positive impact on the people
who use it.
- the shadows projected upon a surface by an object that stands between the surface and the light source
elements such as people, cars, furniture, plants, and landscape
features; images of one's environment or surroundings used to compliment