This is a Free Service provided by Why Fund Inc. (a 501 C3 NonProfit) We thank you for your donation!
(1. Click on the course Study Set you wish to learn.) (2. If you wish you can click on "Print" and print the test page.) (3. When you want to take a test...click on anyone of the tests for that Study Set.) (4. Click on "Check Answers" and it will score your test and correct your answers.) (5. You can take all the tests as many times as you choose until you get an "A"!) (6. Automated college courses created from lecture notes, class exams, text books, reading materials from many colleges and universities.)
Learn efficiently and remember over time.
Start Long-Term Learning
Get personalized study reminders at intervals optimized for better retention.
Track your progress on this set by creating a folder
- former slave from Haiti
- knew how to read/write
- free black and land owner
- rebelled against napoleon and almost won, but was tricked into capture.
- Haiti won independence after Toussiant L'Ouverture
- Started by Jemmy the Angolan in South Carolina
- Led 20 slaves in a march to FL
- Killed all slave owners (and families) that had a bad reputation
- 20 whites and 44 blacks killed
- Whites must carry guns
- In New York City
- People were freaked out over Stono
- After several mysterious fires white officials went on a "witch hunt"
- 16 y.o. indentured servant made up a story to get free and rich
- 174 people were arrested, most were killed in unpleasant ways.
- Limit interaction between blacks and whites
- Skilled slave from Virginia
- Literate and a blacksmith
- Had over 1000 slaves in his army
- The night he planned to go intense rains came
- 2 slaves told their masters
- Gabriel and 34 other people were arrested and killed
- Codes against slaves reading
- Free black who was a former slave in South Carolina
- Spent most of his time annoying the Mayor of Charleston although he was a carpenter
- He spoke out against slavery
- Started the AME (African Methodist Episcopal Church)
- Rumors of a revolt were started by the annoyed mayor
- 35 people including Vesy were killed
- Codes against free blacks
- Was a slave who believed he was chosen by God to lead a revolt.
- After seeing several "signs" he led his followers on a killing spree in Virginia.
- 57 whites (women + children too) were killed
- Black codes against black preachers